Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
BHGE is currently seeking a Coiled Tubing Engineer for our operations in Abu Dhabi.
- Responsible for preparation and approval of Coiled Tubing deployment and recovery procedure.
- Responsible for preservation of coil strings (internal and external) between deployments and offshore campaigns.
- Operation of CIRCA /CYCLE programme for fatigue cycle monitoring.
- Development of Inspection and Test Plan to cover pull tests on Injection Head.
- Ensuring the safe and timely execution of the designated scope of work.
- Supervision of the pre-mobilisation activities, including the selection of equipment and implementation of pre-mobilisation function testing for critical equipment items and as required.
- Overall control of the Coiled Tubing operations at the offshore worksite.
- Execution of the contracted scope of work in accordance with specification and BHGE's corporate requirements, with particular emphasis on the Health and Safety of fellow employees.
- Execution of the contracted scope of work in accordance with specification and BHGE's corporate requirements, with particular emphasis on implementing and maintaining the highest of Operations Integrity (Quality Assurance).
- Ensuring that all existing BHGE corporate guidelines, policies and procedures are adhered to during execution of the scope of work.
- Reporting any defects, which may result in an accident/incident including the implementation of the corrective actions.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 8 years experience in coiled tubing
- Demonstrable experience in the successful provision of CT services management
- Understanding of contractual requirements and commitments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to run an offshore CT team.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Have taken the training courses necessary for the Service Supervisor 1 level or alternatively have demonstrable skills
- A minimum of five years' field experience.
- Good communications skills, written and oral.
- Abu Dhabi, UAE
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.