Job description / Role
- Role holders at this level are broadly responsible for:
- Mortgage and collateral management
- Preparation of mortgage contracts (new/increase/amendment) and letters addressed to Land department/municipality
- Preparation of Manager Cheque Requests
- Contacting customers to set up land department appointments
- Coordinate with Land department/trustee offices to execute mortgages. Ensure that the Mortgage documents are collected back and deposited for safekeeping.
- Processing mortgage release requests after obtaining approvals from sanctioning authority
- Scanning of all original borrowing documents in EDMS
- Handling the safekeeping of the original documents and Filing of original documents in safe custody under dual control
- Registration of collateral's and assets under Emirates Movable Collateral Registry (EMCR)
- Handling the release of original borrowing documents as per approval /branch request
- Receive new documents from branches/update in the system on daily basis and handover to checkers team after allocation.
- Coordinating with internal/external and government auditors by providing required documents.
- Uploading of Facility Offer Letter to CRM
- Higher Diploma/ Bachelor Degree
- Desirable - 3 to 5 years' experience in Mortgage registration and collateral management
- Written and spoken Arabic and English
- Good Analytical/ Communication skills
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of business software applications, particularly word/spreadsheets
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.