Job description / Role
The main purpose of the job is to counsel, guide and encourage delinquent clients on any Retail products (CC, LPN, LVH & LMF) to pay the overdue amount by making outbound / attending to inbound collection calls. The calls need to be assertive without any related unpleasantness and should adhere to the policies and procedures laid down by the bank.
Collection of Debts
- By establishing contact with the delinquent clients and convincing them to make the overdue payments.
- Convert potential "promises to pay" to payments by ensuring that the calls made are assertive, but without any unpleasantness.
- Preparing an action plan to handle specific cases in consensus with the Team Leader in order to resolve difficult cases.
Minimize potential credit Losses
- By resolving customer queries and effectively handling customer' disputes.
- By identifying potentially high risk cases to be handed to the Field referral team at an early delinquency stage.
Contain exposure to the Bank
- By initiating credit control actions like suspension / cancellation of card facilities for potential high risk cases.
- By providing feedback on any delinquency trends observed so that the same maybe incorporated in the credit policy
Ensure That All Procedures And Controls Are Strictly Followed
- By ensuring that all calls follow the prescribed call model and tele-calling scripts
- By working within the prescribed procedures / guidelines and initiating action as per the existing debt management strategy
- Graduate, preferably in commercially oriented discipline or Higher Secondary education with recognized Secretarial Diploma
- 5 years' experience with a good understanding of banking practices
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Team Leader, Consumer Recovery
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Emad Trade House
Accountant - Accounts Payable