Job description / Role
A leading global real estate client is looking for an experienced Commercial Director to join their growing company Business Systems and processes at all times team in Dubai.
* Manage company Commercial corporate governess and ensure that all commercial activities follow the
* Provide independent advice to the Managing Director and Board of Directors, and ensure the work program and activities of the group of companies Commercial & Finance functions are actioned in a timely manner.
* Manage the commercial risk in contracts and disputes across company various companies to provide the Board with an acceptable risk profile.
Senior Management Team Contribution
* Establish strong relationship with company senior management team and other local company executive management staff;
* Actively contribute to company senior management team;
* Support the Managing Director with the establishment of new regions and additional service stream offerings; and
* All other tasks as directed by the Managing Director.
* Contribute to group of companies strategic planning and decision-making to develop and implement an organization-wide commercial strategy that aligns with the Company's vision and its current and long-term business objectives;
* Review, guide and develop the Commercial & Finance Departments strategy and identifying its key performance indicators;
* Develop, implement and monitor the Commercial & Finance Departments business plans, KPIs budgets and objectives; provide regular management reports that include forecasting and comment on the Commercial & Financial Department's performance;
* Identify opportunities and champion initiatives that enable the Commercial & Finance Departments to increase its impact within the Company; and
* Coordinate and interface with other Departments in order to obtain buy-in to the Commercial & Finance Departments approach and implementation of the strategy.
Policies, framework, Processes and Procedures
* Manage and update as required the Commercial & Finance Department's policies and procedures in order to enable proactive management within the context of a dynamic operational environment and best practices;
* Monitor the adherence to Commercial & Finance procedures, methodologies, approach and systems used throughout the Company and take corrective action as necessary;
* Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement; and
* Oversee communication of the policies to all Departments and ensure that the policy is cascaded down through internal audit report.
Commercial / Finance
* Provide advice to company Board, Managing Director, and senior management on all Commercial matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations on the operation of the Company;
* Review all of the Company's activities from a Commercial perspective and ensure that the Company conforms to norms and standards adopted by it;
* Maintain on-going relationships with international and regional institutions and peers in other development institutions to keep abreast of changing laws and regulations and align the Commercial & Finance practices of the Company to international best practices;
* Provision of management support to the Managing Director for the establishment of new Companies in other regions and new service streams offered to the market;
* Develop, maintain, and continuously update in consultation with the Managing Director commercial criteria guidelines for all tender submissions and mobilisation activities once contract award secured;
* Monitor all company staff compliance with agreed Delegation of Authority limits and ensure full compliance;
* Prepare and negotiate bonds, guarantees and other security instruments; and
* Monitoring & reporting Submit monthly reports to Senior Management team highlighting performance against the Commercial & Finance Department's parameters.
* 10 years' experience in Commercial Executive Management with a multi-national real estate / facilities management organisation (or similar);
* High level of financial acumen skills;
* Extensive experience in developing and implementing commercial compliance frameworks in a corporate environment;
* Excellent spoken and written English;
* Middle East experience essential, including advanced knowledge of Commercial & Finance principles and practices;
* Experience with managing corporate governance matters essential;
* Strong organisational skills, with adaptability to business priorities;
* Ability to adjust communication style to suit the audience as necessary and simplify complex information where required;
* Demonstrates ability to self-manage timetables and deadlines;
* Understands financial impact and consequences of own decisions;
* Willingness to improve efficiency within the business; and
* Willingness to share information and collaborate with wider business.
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Ras Al Khaimah||4 Nov|
Director of Planning and Performance
Rider Levett Bucknall
Contract Management Manager
Global Technical Cost Services
General Manager - Real Estate