Job description / Role
• Prepare and maintain the Commercial Management Plan
• Develop the commercial strategy for the works and ensure widely communicated and updated as required, including implementation of project specific commercial procedures, particularly correspondences, notices, insurance, variations and claims
• Provides at any time a reliable and understandable contractual and commercial analysis of the project
• Interpretation of the Contract to ensure that obligations are clearly understood and adequately discharged; whilst working closely.
• Acting, under the direct authority of the Project Director, as the main and focal point of contract with the Legal team of the Employer.
• Conducting contractual negotiations with the Employer.
• Monitoring the execution of invoicing and payment processes.
• Establishing and implementing project specific commercial procedures particularly regarding correspondences, notifications, insurances, variation requests/ orders preparation files
• Acting as a primary interface to key stakeholders in order to provide the project team with post contract commercial support - manages insurance matters in liaison with Partners central insurance organization
• Reports to the Project Director related commercial / finance / contract / procurement status/issues/reports of the project.
• Develop and ensure commercial procedures are maintained by sharing best practice and continual improvement to protect project commercial position.
• Compilation and presentation of claims management strategies
• Review reports on the status of contracts indicating current status with regards to financial situation and provide guidance and recommendations for improvements
• Monitor the implementation of commercial policies and procedures within the organization ensuring legal compliance.
• Contracts and sub-contracts- preparation, review and evaluation
• Contract and commercial correspondence
• Preparation of financial models and pricing proposals
• Understanding and experience of project planning, program and delay claim preparation and evaluation
• Management of variations and claims processes, claims preparation.
• Management of Risk management process.
• Developing and managing the commercial administration, monitoring and change control system requirements to comply with project requirements.
• Developing commercial understanding and competence within the Project Management and Design delivery staff in the project
• Maintain project level risk registers for operational and strategic risks and review and report project risks.
• Review of Project finance reporting and Project Performance compliance and identify any negative variances; instigate and support corrective actions with the Project Director and project based Commercial Managers.
• Maintain agreed cash flow objectives across the project, resolving queries or disputes interrupting payments.
• Liaise with finance and project teams on debt management with an aim of converting debt provisions to P&L profit.
• Provide guidance to project teams to ensure a consistent approach to billing in line with contractual arrangements is maintained to maximize positive cash flow.
• Influence behaviors to provide early warnings of risk to projects financial health
• Provide guidance on the commercial approach to projects ensuring obligations are understood and fulfilled whilst capturing entitlements.
• Provide guidance on change control to maximize revenue through robust commercial management.
• Oversee commercial aspects of supply change management to ensure risks are appropriately shared with supply chain.
• Undertake contract reviews & provide guidance on commercial negotiations throughout the bidding process avoiding onerous terms that hinder ability to secure cash / entitlements which have a direct impact on profit.
About the Company
China Railway Construction Corporation Limited ("CRCC") was solely established by China Railway Construction Corporation on November 5th, 2007 in Beijing, and is now a mega size construction corporation under the administration of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council of China (SASAC). On March 10th and 13th, 2008, CRCC was listed in Shanghai (SH, 601186) and Hong Kong (HK, 1186) respectively, with a registered capital totaled RMB 13.58 billion.
CRCC, one of the world's most powerful and largest integrated construction group, ranking the 59th among the Fortune Global 500 in 2019, and the 14th among the China 500 in 2018，as well as 3rd among ENR’s Top 250 Global Contractors, is also one of the largest engineering contractor in China.
The business of CRCC covers project contracting, survey design consultation, industrial manufacturing, real estate development, logistics, trade of goods and materials as well as capital operations. CRCC has developed mainly from construction contract into a complete and comprehensive industrial chain of scientific research, planning, survey, design, construction, supervision, maintenance and operation, etc. The comprehensive industrial chain enables CRCC to provide his clients one-stop integrated services. Now CRCC has established its leadership position in project design and construction fields in plateau railways, high-speed railways, highways, bridges, tunnels and urban rail traffic.
Commercial Director - Rail Construction
Contracts Manager - Construction
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited