Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East is currently looking for a Commercial Director to be responsible for managing and maintaining all aspects of Commercial, Contracts and financial elements of a PMC energy Park project.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Leadership for overall compliance of the processes and procedures necessary to deliver the project, identifying issues impacting compliance with successful delivery, and assisting in successful issue resolution.
* Oversight of cost estimates and methods to review proposals for budget constraints and compliance
* Oversight of current cost estimates and cash flow projections
* Oversight of cost estimates with the budgets for each project and the Master Budget
* Delivery of comprehensive reports, commercial and operational to the client
* Provide oversight and advice on contractual correspondence
* Provide oversight and advice on claims
* Provide oversight and advice on-site instructions
* Provide oversight and advice on extensions of time
* Provide oversight and advice on payments
* Provide oversight and advice on changes and Claims
* Provide oversight and advice on correspondence to the Tenders and Auctions Committee
* Provide direction and guidance on procurement strategies
* Manage the Tender process from issue to award
* Provide Contract and Commercial advice and guidance
* Provide Regional and Global expertise to meet client's needs
* Collaboratively work with the client counterparts to provide advice on compliance and agreement on matters in dispute
* Collaboratively work with the client in providing advice and support
* Interacts with the corporate Regional and Global offices to support client-specific needs and to implement best practices
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Quantity Surveying with suitable contractual, legal or commercial background or equivalent
* Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) preferred
* 20 years experience
* In-depth knowledge and experience of the commercial management of complex projects at all stages of the design, construction, and project management
* Experience in Theme Park / Energy Park PMC Projects
* Middle East construction experience added benefit, delivery experience in Saudi Arabia would be a differentiator
* Knowledge of FIDIC forms of contract
* Excellent written English for preparation of contract notices, letters, variation instructions, cost reports, and communications
* Good negotiation skills to agree on contracts and variations with third parties
* Large company & project financial control systems use & understanding
* Good attention to detail and ability to review payment applications, certifications, and contracts prior to issue
* Excellent communication skills
What's in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.