Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Commercial Director - Major Exhibition Programme
The commercial director is responsible for maximizing the commercial performance of the major project. Ensures that targets, strategies and policies are established and managed through the project lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing the cost and commercial function for a major project.
• Leading and directing the cost management team providing support across the project.
• Contributing to the implementation of the programme strategy and the development of the specific projects action plan.
• Managing the client relationship and all of the reporting responsibility.
• Reviewing contracts and making recommendations on commerciality.
• Resolving issues with contracts and commercial operations.
• Act as subject matter expert for cost / commercial on the project.
• Ensuring that all stakeholders such as administration, operations and finance understand and adhere to contractual obligations reflecting them accurately.
• Monitoring performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management.
• Leading and motivating a multi-cultural team and ensure all commercial objectives are delivered.
• Staff identification, recruitment, management and development.
The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
Part of the senior management team in a client facing role.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Proven experience as commercial director role successfully leading a target driven commercial team within the construction industry.
• Minimum of 15 years of postgraduate experience is essential for client approval.
• MRICS is required for client approval.
• Dubai experience is essential for client approval.
• Strong commercial leadership and project experience.
• Procurement experience on large value contracts.
• Significant experience of claims preparation and dispute avoidance/resolution.
• Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills.
• A degree qualification is essential for client approval.
• Professional memberships i.e. MRICS is essential.
"Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel."
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.