Job description / Role
The ‘Commercial Finance Director’ is a crucial strategic and operational role at the heart of the retail business. Reporting directly to the Group CFO and working closely with the Business Unit Heads, the Finance Director assumes full responsibility for all financial aspects of the business. This involves analyzing financial performance, advising the Senior Management Team on these findings and implementing recommendations to achieve the most profitable results for the business.
This role is purely commercial. There is another FD which handles the Accounting for the SSC.
The Commercial Finance Director is an outstanding accountant, possessing exceptional commercial acumen and strategic business insight. As an Operational Leader, the Finance Director will support various business divisions, guiding them in planning and managing their departmental budgets and implementing a robust financial system and processes.
• Lead the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process
• Leading the team of Finance Business Partners & Financial Analysts
• Own the Business Plan/Budget with Business Unit Heads and support business in achieving Budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data, and initiating corrective actions
• Ensure efficient and effective management of Business Unit’s (BU) finances through all necessary financial controls, systems and processes and ensures accuracy and integrity of the BU financial records
• Lead the preparation of Management Reports, monthly performance reviews and provide ad hoc analysis on business initiatives. Provide insightful drivers of performance to senior stakeholders across the business.
• Provide guidance and advice, related to the management of cash flow, cost controls and expenses for different departments of the BU identifying potential financial opportunities and weaknesses and recommending corrective actions
• Provide business insight to Internal Stakeholders and decision makers with insightful information to optimize decisions and challenge when required
• Evaluate and appraise investments, capital expenditures and financing of projects and provide guidance and recommendation
• Carry out analysis of the business including external environment to support sales growth and improve/protect profitability
• Develop KPIs to report business performance measured against targets, strategies, and trends
• Able to turn business decisions into measurable metrics from both quantitative and qualitative information that can be tracked and managed
• Provide ad hoc modelling and analysis, develop scenarios to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues or drive better management decisions
• Responsible for accurate and timely MIS reporting (SAP/Power BI) with a thorough and detailed analysis of variances as per internal guidelines and timelines
• Conduct IRR analysis and feasibility studies for new business opportunities and provide analysis to business units to assist decision making
• Drive a culture of feedback and coaching in the Business Unit/ Department by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching the employees on the areas of improvement
AED 50,000 to 55,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Track history of leading a commercial finance team with 5 years at Director level
• Retail industry experience
• Professional Certificate (i.e. CFA, CPA, CMA or CA) – qualified
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.