Job description / Role
As a Commercial Manager based in Dubai, you are responsible to ensure the effective management of risk through the establishment and maintenance of commercial processes and governance across the full pre- and post-award contract life-cycle
The main responsibilities include:
• Assess opportunities (including tenders, and quotations), alongside legal and business unit stakeholders, identifying and analysing risk, and capturing all resulting clarifications, contract exceptions and risk mitigating actions.
• Work closely with business unit during solution development, providing guidance in order that cost and price is forecast, analysed, planned and accounted for accurately.
• Present key commercial considerations to the relevant approvers at opportunity review meetings and, in writing, for proposal approvals.
• Advise and support stakeholders through client negotiations, closing out exceptions and clarifications prior to contract signature
• Support of handover process from opportunity owner to the operations team, ensuring ‘right first time’ service delivery and invoicing.
• Identify key deliverables/compliance areas from mobilisation through to completion of contract life-cycle, working with business unit to ensure that these are tracked.
• Establish ‘dashboard’ metrics to track business unit performance against key contract deliverables
• Advise on contractual requirements for subcontractors and support business unit in establishing performance monitoring processes.
• Work with business unit to ensure effective contract management, including timely closure of variations, renewals, and addenda.
• Continuous improvement of commercial contract templates alongside the legal team.
• Work with business unit to identify costs saving and value for money enhancement opportunities.
• Commercial support and guidance through attendance at key client meetings and provision of contractual claims advice
• Raise levels of commercial awareness and decision making within the business through training workshops and ‘on the job’ mentoring.
The ideal candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree, Quantity Surveying/Project Management certification (any relevant industry certification would be a plus)
• 2 to 5 years of Commercial experience through Quantity Surveying, Contract Management, and/or Project Management, preferably with Security, Systems Integration or Maintenance background.
• Minimum 1 year experience in the GCC
• Experience in a supervisory/managerial role
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.