Job description / Role
About the Role:
Experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Commercial Manager to provide operationally sound advice and support to management in relation to a broad range of commercial and contractual tasks on WSP projects, including negotiating client and sub-consultant agreement terms, variations, claims, potential disputes and related issues affecting WSP's projects and their financial performance across our projects.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
A typical week would include:
* Undertake and participate in regular project reviews of all projects ongoing in Kuwait helping to identify opportunities and risks to WSP's financial performance
* Be actively involved in preparing strategies to manage those risks and opportunities and executing on those strategies including appropriate correspondence, record keeping, meetings and pro-actively follow up to a suitable conclusion
* Assist the legal team in negotiating any final settlements on contract terms with our clients and sub-consultants
* Analyze the financial accounts and monthly reporting to assess working capital risks and revenue recognition providing good judgement and advice as required
* Actively work with the working capital team to ensure disputed invoices are settled and payments are made at the earliest time
* Assist the management on any prospects with the bid support team and business unit leaders to bring your commercial knowledge and best practice into bid preparation ensuring scope, conditions, payment terms and risks and opportunities are effectively managed at bid stage.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying with suitable contractual, legal or commercial background
* Are a member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) preferred
* Have excellent communication skills verbal and written both in English
* 10+ years of post-qualification experience in a similar capacity.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.