Job description / Role
Commercial Manager - Beauty Makers
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organization's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we are looking for:
The Commercial Manager is responsible for developing the turnover of the brands across multiple retail networks (online / offline) and throughout the region, based on pre-defined objectives and budgets. He/she will also act as the liaison between the brand , the distributors and its retailers as well as between the departments to provide clear quantities and direction for stock management, marketing and commercial teams to act in alignment.
In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility.
What you'll be doing:
- Define the commercial and distribution strategy for the brands in alignment with the business strategy. Validate the strategy with the brand owner
- Seek to develop the brands with new customers / networks / markets
- Drive the dev of the margin and budget objectives
- Oversee the performance of the different categories / sub-categories and adjust plans as necessary
- Set yearly budget according to previous year performance, expected growth and new store opening / closing
- Formulate, Negotiate & Drive yearly agreement & Joint Business plans with key retail partners to drive profitability and growth
- Develop country specific strategies and plans dependent on local market place and the competitive environment
- Seek additional income through commercial operations / Manage the categories innovatively through tactical activities
- Set monthly target per market and gather updates on weekly basis
- Set & implement incentive scheme and other reward system to sales force
- Motivate, guide and mentor the commercial team to drive effective and profitable commercial decisions for the company
- Key point of contact for any new market / store entry and exit (Negotiate the brand placement retail space, coordinate unit production and installation, align on stock prevision, staff etc...)
- Build the sellout price list per market in alignment with Ops team / Dev Teams. Manages the pricing strategy.
- Conduct market visits in the region to understand brand performance in specific point of sales
- Coordinate the brand promotions, Co-operate with the Marketing team, merchandise team and local team
- Analyze and helps interpret trends pertaining to market, competitors, customers & partners and uses insights to drive initiative for growth
- Follow up with the account all the outstanding commissions, incentive etc...
- Monthly sales recap (global & per retailer)
- Market visit reports using the set regional track list
- Analyze sales per line / color to help strategic decisions such as product development / delisting etc....
- Issue a quarterly detailed report summarizing the positive and negative points, achievement vs. Budget, etc. including feedback from clients
What you'll need to succeed
- University Degree in Business / Finance / Economics
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in beauty or other B2C industries
- Arabic Fluency and English are a must
- Ability to travel frequently to KSA
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Interpersonal, negotiation and influential skills
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.