Job description / Role
Reporting to Associate Director - Commercial, this individual will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of growth plans across the region with a focus on commercial strategy, product pricing, and preparation/ evaluation of business cases for various growth opportunities.
This role will work closely with the in-country Commercial teams in each of our markets in the region: Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, Rwanda, South Africa and Zambia, and also the Group Commercial & Strategy team .
The team relies on strong communication and the ability to build relationships quickly both within our business and with senior customer staff. Interaction with senior team members across functions at Group and country operation level will be necessary and frequent. We are looking to recruit a skilled and professional individual to support robust and speedy decision-making that will determine the future shape and success of this fast-growing business.
The successful individual will be adept at building relationships and have strong communication skills. Coupled with this, the right candidate will also have strong numeracy, financial analysis, technical and IT skills.
* Provide advice & analysis on a wide range of commercial strategy elements, such as: customer, revenue, product, pricing and growth strategy.
* Focus on commercial decision support, providing commercial analysis and advice around revenue and pricing
* Detailed financial modelling and scenario analysis for investment appraisals; preparing business cases for ExCo level reviews
* Analysis of commercial and new business propositions that the company will implement in its markets of operations
* Prepare customer presentations and RFP responses, either in existing markets or for new market entry
* Assist and advise the country MDs and CDs on commercial offers
* Prepare research reports on new business opportunities
* Understand and clearly explain key risks and mitigants for new business
* Commercial Due diligence of new opportunities, including understanding tax, legal, regulatory, competitive, and operational landscape
* Review commercial contracts with customers
* Deliver market research, analysis and insights relating to the latest industry trends on a periodic or ad hoc basis.
The manager needs to be hard-working, a self-starter, a team player and a technically skilled individual:
* 5-7 years post university
* Experience of working on complex cross-functional projects with defined timelines and engaging with various stakeholders
* Commercial awareness and knowledge of business drivers (revenue, costs, profitability, capex and returns measures)
* Highly numerate with advanced Excel skills
* Ability to develop financial models from first principles
* Strong experience of valuation and financial modelling and metrics
* Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Cultural awareness - we operate across culturally diverse markets - sensitivity and understanding of these differences is key
* High ownership and ability to drive complex cross-function projects
* Telecoms / towers / infrastructure industry experience is an advantage
* Prior experience in commercial / strategy / financial planning & analysis across corporates / big 4 accounting / consulting / banking will be an advantage
* French language is an advantage
* Willingness to travel to Emerging Markets
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
TGC Middle East
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jul|
General Manager - Gulf
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE
Contracts Manager (Buildings)
|Abu Dhabi||11 Apr|