Job description / Role
Our client, a well-regarded, main contractor with offices across the UAE are in search of a Commercial Manager for a large build development in the UAE.
They provide each employee with the opportunity to learn, grow and stretch to the highest level of your ability and potential. If you join their team, you will become a part of the fast-paced and dedicated team.
• Prepare, submit and negotiate claims.
• Review, approve, process and certify payment applications with Employer, Consultant and Subcontractor.
• Ensure that all bonds and insurances required under the main contract, consultant and subcontract are submitted / received / updated on time.
• Review and report to General Manager on consultant, subcontract agreements.
• Ensure all variations to the Works are captured, valued and submitted for agreement on time.
• Negotiate and close out all variations promptly.
• Control and update variation status and related logs with employer, consultant and subcontractors.
• Prepare, submit and negotiate of extension of time, disruption and prolongation claims, whilst liaising with planning and other project delivery departments.
• Manage, prepare, review all contractual correspondence.
• Provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues on the project.
• Establish and implement a robust system of site records for all labour, materials, staff as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
The Successful Applicant:
• Minimum 8 years of experience out of which 5 to 6 years are in the Middle East.
• Execution of medium to large size design & build Projects (Aed500M and above) is essential.
• Experience in main contracting.
• Expertise in FIDIC Contracts and Claims
• Construction Law
• Preferably Western educated with a relevant Bachelor’s and/ or Master’s degree.
• Must be native english speaker and have good communications skills.
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies