Job description / Role
Commercial Manager (Fit Out) - Abu Dhabi
My client is one of the largest Fit-Out Contractors in the GCC delivering various Residential and Hospitality projects.
As part of their continued development, they have recently been awarded large scale fit-out projects so are urgently looking to expand their Commercial team.
Their most pressing requirement is for a Commercial Manager to take the operational lead on the delivery on a number of Hospitality projects in Abu Dhabi. Applicants must have previous experience of working in a similar environment and have a proven track record of delivery. Applicants must also be familiar with the Measurement Methods, Conditions of Contracts, Procurement conditions, Accounting principles, Construction Law and shall have a good problem-solving skill. CM shall be the catalyst of the Commercial team.
Key Activities (But not limited to):
• Supervise the QSs, guide and achieve the best practice thru them
• Oversee the Procurement process, issuance of Subcontract with transparency and get best deal
• Thoroughly analyze the Tender and Contract documents of the project, sort the ambiguities
• Final negotiations of bid prices, Variations and large procurements
• Preparation of Project Budgets, monitoring and giving notifications to the relevant stake holders
• Preparation and submitting of Prolongation cost claims and negotiation of Liquidity damages
• Implementing recovery measures to minimize the overruns
• Assisting Project team to recover the delays
• Proactive actions to minimize the disputes and early settlement of aroused conflicts
• Assisting corporate legal team on litigation matters
• Preparation of Monthly Project Cost Reports
• Preparation of risk analysis, recovery plans and various other reports to CM, PM, GMs and MDs
• Supporting to make Commercial related procedures for the Project team.
• Implementation of Groups Commercial procedures in the project
• Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
• Fit-Out experience is a requirement
• Must have a sound Commercial understanding
• Good understanding of construction techniques and methodology
Due to the volume of applicants, only those successful and meet the criteria will be contacted.
About the Company
Sinopack was created with one vision: to become the market leading recruiter for the Gulf construction market. Over the years, Sinopack has developed and nurtured relationships with the worlds leading Contractors, Developers, Project Management Consultancies and Architecture and Design practices. This has resulted in immediate, unrivalled access to the markets key decision-makers - giving exceptional candidates a distinct advantage.
With over 10 years experience exclusively recruiting internationally, Sinopack not only has an in-depth understanding of the global construction market but also a wealth of market knowledge that allows us to provide excellent service to our clients and candidates.