Job description / Role
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for managing the luxury portfolio of one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies globally with a growing presence in the region.
Global multinational business with a strong heritage of brands in the alcohol industry.
Reporting to the Country Head, this person will be responsible for;
* End to end management of luxury portfolio from strategic planning through to execution and delivery of portfolio growth in the UAE
* Implementing and managing the brands' strategies across the retail and on premise channels
* Developing in store marketing plans and monitoring a high level of execution of the plans by the distributor's team either in store or occasionally on premise.
* Educating the distributor on the positioning and exclusiveness of the portfolio to ensure proper execution in the market
* Given the exclusive nature of the portfolio, become an active ambassador of the brand to influencers and HHNWis
* Analyse sales performance and promotional effectiveness across the channels by reviewing and reporting on sales performance, sales forecasts and market trends
* Track the progress of the brand per channel and analyse performance of the distributor and forecast stock levels and w
* Review market data, competition landscape and work closely with the global team and Country Head on developing new strategies to increase brand awareness
Competitive package with benefits
To apply for the role, it is necessary to have the following experience;
* Atleast 5 years of UAE based sales experience, working with distributors selling luxury products such as Premium spirits, Watches or Jewelry or at least 7 years of sales experience selling these products managing international direct-to-retail accounts (A background in on premise would be advantageous)
* Strong commercial capabilities and proven track record of working autonomously; this is a stand alone role driving sales, marketing and distributor management on a national level
* Proven track record in building brands and project management
* Willingness to spend time out of the office/after working hours interacting with influencers and HNWis educating them on the brand (You will not be selling directly to them as the brand will go through the distributor into Retail and On Premise)
This role is ideally for someone who is passionate about all things luxury and is up to date on the latest trends with a commercial mindset and a strong belief in the craftsmanship behind a brand.
Please note, this is not a Brand Ambassador role however if you have started your career as one or an Executive Chef and moved into a commercial role in the past, this role could potentially be for you.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commercial Development Manager - Dairy
Nestle Middle East
Business Development Head/General Manager
Emirates Refreshments Company
General Manager - Luxury Home Store - Retail
Retail General Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Business Development Manager
Quest Search & Selection