Job description / Role
• To develop and generate new business opportunities where possible
• To manage and support the business development function which is responsible for the acquisition of new projects and project bids
• Proactively develop and improve product and service offerings to meet client needs
• Present company to potential clients through direct communication in face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and emails
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
• Ensuring the company remains responsive and proactive to clients and potential clients
• Ensure that relevant information and communication pertaining to opportunities/leads/clients is captured and stored in the company system
• To support the Commercial Manager to provide support in preparing tenders, preparing charterparties in a timely manner respond to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner
• Support the Commercial Manager to manage all client proposals and any further documentation or information that may be required by effectively interacting with relevant internal departments and external sources
• Complete and submit pre-qualifications in conjunction with SHEQ manager after approval from the Commercial Manager
• Maintain database of client contacts and liaise with clients to ensure data validity
• Assist charters pre and post fixture
• Draw up required contracts as requested
• Ensure the vessels P&I and H&M insurance is updated and maintained
• Ensure the company’s ERP system is updated on a timely basis with charter information and documentation.
• Updated with the latest charter information
• Coordinate with the Operations Team for the on/off hire of the vessels
• Effectively file chartering documents and maintain our charter software to keep an up-to date system
• Enter relevant Purchase Orders in to our system in a timely fashion and follow-up to ensure they are completed
• Support marketing activities including oil & gas exhibitions
• Ensure company brochure/vessel/barge specifications/website is well maintained and updated upon the request of the Commercial Manager
• Ensure the company social media pages are updated with the latest company news
• Ensure the company newsletter is updated and distributed internally/externally every 6 months
AED 8,000 to 12,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• We are looking for someone who is well organised and can work under pressure.
• Experience is not essential but you would need to pick up new things quickly.
• You should be able to speak to clients and build a relationship with them.
About the Company
A leading offshoring company in UAE.