Job description / Role
Responsible for providing all aspects of proposal development & contract management for GE Power Digital Software solutions. Requires pre-qualification of opportunities, interaction with sales & services leadership, customers, channel, & other cross-functional business teams. Must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high quality commercial proposals through creating solution architectures & recommendations & drafting contracts with respect to both commercial & legal terms.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high quality commercial proposals through creating solution architectures and recommendations and drafting contracts with respect to both commercial and legal terms.
- Primarily responsible for managing complete lifecycle and development of deal execution process including on-time delivery of high quality solutions & proposals aligned with customer outcomes and business profitability / risk profiles; this may include, but is not limited to - request for proposal reviews, bid planning, risk reviews, solution estimates and pricing, deal analytics / reviews, 3rd party coordination & negotiations, technical architecture, documentation, and analysis of terms & conditions.
- Lead and drive deal team to develop bid requirements related to technical, financial, and commercial inputs to support strategy development and risk management.
- Manage customer specification review, proposal development, contract development and negotiations, including complex software sales and service agreements.
- Act as a liaison between Sales Managers, Solution Consultants, Product Managers, & Services to identify common architectures, value pricing & estimation concepts.
- Participate in Customer negotiations from both functional/technical and commercial perspectives.
- Review Customer Purchase Orders to Ensure Compliance with Approved Price Levels, Terms and Cycle commitments to coordinate Hand off to Project Execution teams.
- Accountable for the development and continuous evolution of contract templates and framework agreements.
- Use SalesForce.com to manage proposal workflow & develop pipeline forecasts.
- Lead communications at all organizational levels including leading deal reviews with senior and executive leadership.
- Provide continuous improvement of solutions lifecycle processes & methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of commercial operations / contract management experience including minimum of 1 years in the Power Generation or Utilities industry (preferred)
- Knowledge of / background in software and expertise in targeted industries such as Oil & Gas, Asset Monitoring, Discrete, Mining, Advanced Analytics, Remote Monitoring, to name a few.
-Working knowledge of and ability to read and write French is preferred
- Prior experience in sales, field services, commercial finance, contract negotiation and execution.
- Prior experience with contract drafting - managing both commercial and legal terms within a customer agreement.
- Strong project management skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong integrity & demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for strengthening overall commercial compliancy & reduce risk in commercial proposal processes.
- Highly organized, driven self-starter with ability to operate independently.
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making ability.
- Able to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Ability to lead and influence cross functionally.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.