Job description / Role
Our client, an engineering and construction company is looking for a Commercial Quantity Surveyor.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Read technical data, analyse and take-off quantities.
• Supervise and manage the work of quantity surveyors to the best output & results.
• Perform Rate Analysis from first principles.
• Prepare, defend the projects payment applications and follow up for the payment certificates issuance with the relevant parties.
• Analyse subcontractors’ / suppliers’ quotes and prepare comparative statements (as required).
• Prepare & defend claims & variations.
• Prepare the commercial reports for the direct manager and others (as required).
• Manage the clients within the contracts limits.
• Evaluate the projects risks (as required).
• Work closely with colleagues in the C&R Department, as well as cooperate and support other departments (especially Finance & Operations) to the required extent.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Expertise in different types of piling, shoring, marine works, specifications and methodologies
• Expertise in the preparations of claims & variations
• Fair knowledge of CCS (CANDY), the Estimation software (preferable)
• Fair knowledge of the contract’s conditions, especially the FIDIC’s (preferable)
• Basic knowledge of Planning software
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD (preferable)
• Fair expertise in administering the contracts.
• Minimum 3 years of related experience.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.