Job description / Role
\Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do you have an appetite for career progression and are ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Standards Meet and exceed customer and team member expectations.
- provides value-added service to customers by doing whatever is reasonable and possible to meet or exceed customer expectations
- communicates effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Demonstrates teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed.
- Adheres to hotel policies & procedures:
- attends work on time as scheduled
- follows hotel standards regarding personal hygiene
- minimize dangers by following all safety rules and regulations
- Maintains a favorable reputation for the hotel brand at all times.
- To report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
- Monitors and controls the cleanliness of the kitchen areas and equipment.
- Makes sure that the correct ordering procedures are followed, and that every order is done through a captain order.
- Prepares his working station and mise en place as per daily requirements and part stock lists.
- Checks working set-up and mise-en-place of his assigned staff and monitors that the task is followed.
- Helps supervise breakfast and a la carte menu 24hrs service and assures the correct sequence of service.
- Controls portion size and presentation, before the dishes are handed over to the pass.
- Informs the Sous chef immediately of any irregularities or problems.
- Makes full hand-over to the responsible supervisor of the following shift.
- Is fully briefed on accident, fire, and evacuation procedures.
- Carries out another duty assigned by the management.
- Records all recipes in his own book.
- Assists Chef de partie in his duties.
- Is fully instructed about Daily Specials and promotions, as well as the usual menu offer, including recipes.
- To have knowledge about first aid.
- Attend training classes and make suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare, arrange, and serve all Food according to the standards set by the sous chef.
- To ensure delivery of the 15-Minutes Guest Satisfaction Guarantee Service as per IBIS standards.
- To be fully aware, conversant, and embody Accor's spirit, values, and goals and be responsible to integrate them in the day-to-day operation.
- To be fully aware and conversant of Accor environmental charter and is responsible to integrate them in the day-to-day operation.
- To be fully aware and conversant of ISO9001/ISO 14001 (for Ibis Hotel) policies and procedures and is responsible to integrate them in the day-to-day operation.
Your experience and skills include:
- Creative and passionate about food and customer service
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
- Bachelors or diplomas/certifications in Culinary required.
- Work in 5* Hotel or relevant experience is a must with in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.