Job description / Role
Department : F&B Culinary
Reports to : DCDP, CDP, JSC, SC, CDC, Pastry Chef
Positions Supervised : Commis 2, 3
Job Level : 1
To cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To organize together with the Head Baker/Pastry Chef the shift on his/her section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service.
- To take orders from Head Baker/Pastry Chef and carry them out in the correct manner
- Together with Head Baker/Pastry Chef to write daily beverage, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Executive Pastry Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- To maintain good employee relations and motivate staff.
- To work to the specifications received by Head Baker/Pastry Chef regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- To be responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- To attend daily meetings with the Executive Pastry Chef/Pastry Chef and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef / Executive Pastry Chef.
- To report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Executive Pastry Chef/Pastry Chef and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- To check the main information board re change of any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- To keep the section clean and tidy.
- To pass all information to next shift about functions, mise-en-place (report everything) and make sure night is covered
- Accidents and sickness to be written in Accident Book according to Hotel Policy and Procedure and reported to the Executive Pastry Chef / Pastry Chef.
- To check Bakery Commis Chefs on his/her section: e.g. regarding personal hygiene.
- To assist the Executive Pastry Chef/Pastry Chef in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Minimum 1-year food/bakery experience
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Good communication and customer contact skills.
- Team Player
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.