Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with Loccitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Partof the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, SofitelDubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on aperfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowneddesign elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connectinghearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Commis 2and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
Tocook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Organize together with de Chef de Partie the shift on his/her section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service.
- Take orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie to write daily beverage, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Maintain good employee relations and motivate colleagues
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regardingportion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-placeand food storage.
- Attend daily and monthly meetings with the Chef de cuisine and othermeetings as requested by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipmentto the Chef de cuisine and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has beencarried out.
- Check the main information board re change of any Banquets or otherinformation regarding the organization.
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to next shift
- Accidents and sickness to be written in log Book and report to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Good communication and customer contact skills.
- Team Player
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.