Job description / Role
At Farah, we thrive on seeing happy guests, colleagues, and partners. We believe that each individual that we meet is important, and that we can make a positive difference to their lives. Our purpose is to create happiness... one smile at a time.
We are seeking for a Commis to be part of our team here in Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi.
As a Commis, you will be mainly involved in food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of a senior chef rotating through various kitchen sections. Your key responsibilities will include maintaining high standards of hygiene, ingredients preparation, measuring of dish ingredients and portioning sizes accurately and dealing with deliveries and stock rotation. Your scope of work will also include:
- Prepare, cook and serve food delegated whilst ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from a senior chef
- Measure ingredients and size portions accurately
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity
- Stock and restock workstations and display cases
- Remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef
- Maintain familiarity with opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated
- Maintain full awareness/ knowledge of and ability to act upon any kitchen emergencies
As an ideal candidate, you will need to have:
- Basic Hospitality or catering training
- A foundation degree in Culinary Arts Management
- Previous On-the-Job experience/apprenticeship in food preparation and kitchen organization
- At least two years’ work experience in kitchen setting at a restaurant or hotel
- Basic cooking skills
- Knife skills requiring coordination, precision and speed
- Food preparation skills - basic sauces, salads/ cold starters, hot dishes, pastry, roasting, etc.
- Good working familiarity with use of kitchen equipment
- Versatility in all sections/stations of the kitchen – vegetable, meat, fish, pastry, butchery, etc.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to work under pressure/remain calm while multi-tasking
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
About the Company
Farah Experiences LLC was established in 2008 to provide world-class entertainment experiences. Today, the company manages and operates Ferrari World Abu Dhabi , the world's first Ferrari-branded Theme Park and Yas Waterworld, the UAE's unique Emirati water theme park.
Millions of satisfied guests have already visited the two iconic family attractions set in the heart of Yas Island, ideally located 10 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport, 30 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and 45 minutes from Dubai.
Farah Experiences is a wholly owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi-based Miral Asset Management LLC.