Job description / Role
RIVA - a truly unique Ristorante, Bar and Beach located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, Burj Al Arab and the Downtown Skyline. A relaxed, vibrant, fun and family-friendly environment perfectly suited for any occasion.
Voted as What's On Favourite European Restaurant 2019, BBC Good Food Best Beach Club 2018 and What's On Awards Best Day Out 2016. RIVA offers an unforgettable dining experience, temperature controlled pools and 300 meters of pristine beach in Dubai.
At Accor, our operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values. As Commis 3 Pastry, your responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Organizes together with the Chef de Partie shifting in the section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service
- Takes orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Is responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie writes daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section
- Maintains good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues
- Works to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index
- Attends daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef
- Checks the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization
- Reports any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de Cuisine and to follow up and ensure necessary work has been carried out
- Passes all information to the next shift about functions
- Maintains the Hygiene and HACCP records in accordance to the regulations
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- At least three years in a five start international chain hotel
- At least 1 or 2 years in a five start international chain hotel
- Should understand how to read recipes and a good knowledge of cooking
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.