Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a Culinary team member, the care you devote to preparing each menu item will not go unnoticed by the guests who are fortunate enough to enjoy them!
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is located on the iconic Palm Island in Dubai. The hotel will feature 381 guest rooms and suites with two Fairmont Gold floors. A total of eight food and beverage outlets on property will offer international dining options including Szechwan cuisine, a Brazilian steak house plus separate beverage bars. The property will be positioned as a Luxury Hotel joining other internationally branded hotels on the 'island', which will generate tremendous anticipation both in the UAE and worldwide. In addition, the high regard that the Fairmont brand is afforded in the region will result in very high expectations for flawless service delivery from day-one.
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare, cook and service all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the culinary field required
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.