Job description / Role
You will be responsible to provide an excellent and consistent level of service to your customers. The Commis Chef is responsible to prepare a consistent, high quality food product and ensure courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that supports the outlet's operating concept and Hyatt International standards.
- To ensure that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented.
- To produce a consistent and high quality product, provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Hyatt Regency Dubai Standards of Performance.
- To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set. Please note that Master Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular bases reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Kitchen Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- To perform all duties and tasks when rotated or assigned to another Department as per Master Task List for that Department.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu.
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
1 year work experience as Commis Chef or 2 years as Apprentice in a hotel or restaurant with good standards / Basic Culinary skills / good hygiene knowledge
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.