Job description / Role
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
What you will be doing:
- To supervise the assigned station/section
- Produce a consistent and high quality product
- The ability to work neatly and clean; keeping all work areas and refrigerators organized and in accordance with sanitary requirements"first in first out" & "if you make the mess, you clean it up"
- The ability to follow HACCP guidelines and municipality regulations at all times.
- The ability to follow clean as you go policy and keep work area clean at all times.
- The ability to taste and season the food appropriately and to ensure it is well presented and of the standard and quality required before serving it to the guest.
- The ability and desire to proactively learn, test and sample (eat) all world cuisines by whatever means possible whether through hotel programs and training or self-taught research and development.
- The ability to keep waste to a minimum and work in a proactive manner to assist in meeting budgeted food cost levels
- The ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with fellow employees
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff
- The ability to leave enough mise en place for the next shift and utilize formalized production lists and following a shift-handover sop
- The ability to accommodate all food server's requests when possible regarding guest's dietary requirements, personal preference and requests
- The ability to handle and rotate food according to established procedures.
- The ability to maintain the work area and equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and a professional disposition.
- The ability to maintain a full line of communication with supervisors and fellow workers and all hotel associates.
- The ability to prepare and plate items (food orders) received from F&B staff regardless of hand-written or computer printed media in a timely and accurate manner.
- The ability to check and complete mise en place pars in setting up the station.
- The ability to turn off all equipment ensuring no safety hazard has been left behind
- The ability to set up station properly and on time for each service period.
- The ability to make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the chef de cuisine or senior chef.
- The ability to make sure quality and quantity meets our standard.
- The ability to notify chef de cuisine or senior chef of any problems or complaints as when they arise.
- The ability to not leave your section without doing the final check.
Your experience and skills include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests
- Creative and passionate about food and customer service
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
Your team and working environment:
Mövenpick Hotel Apartments Downtown Dubai offers 244 fully serviced and furnished hotel apartments that shares the neighborhood with Burj Khalifa. In the history-making Downtown Dubai district, walking distance to the world's tallest building, its famous fountain and The Dubai Mall.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.