Job description / Role
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Food preparation and cooking, plating, presentation
- Kitchen maintenance and cleaning, following food safety requirements
- Maintaining and ordering stocks and supplies
- Prepares and cook a la minute orders, such as hamburgers, steaks and other entrees.
- Receives guest's orders from Chef De Partie and cooks food, portion food on plates, add gravies, sauces and garnishes to fill orders.
- Observes and tastes food being cooked, samples all foods prepared.
- Control temperature of cooking appliances, fries and cooks simple hot food items. Orders other dishes from Hot Kitchen.
- Clean and maintains work areas, equipment and cold rooms.
- Bring the vegetables, fruits and daily market items from the Receiving Area.
- Bring the store requisition items and arranged in the Kitchen Store "First Come First Out" Policy.
- Performs duties common to all Rank and File and non-supervisory personnel and other duties as may be assigned..
- Ensure that the equipment's are correctly handled and maintained.
Your experience and skills include:
- Creative and passionate about food and customer service
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
- Knowledge in Basic Food Hygiene and HACCP procedure
Mercure Dubai Hotel - Suites & Apartments Located along Sheikh Zayed Road in Barsha Heights right next to Dubai Internet City Metro Station. The hotel is nestled in the key business and commercial district of Dubai Media City, Dubai Knowledge Park and Dubai Internet City. Mercure Dubai Hotel offers a unique hospitality experience for business & leisure travelers and well as for long stays at an affordable price. Close proximity to Mall of the Emirates, Palm Jumeriah and major tourist attractions.
An elegant hotel with 1015 suites and apartments spread over 41 floors. Each contemporary room features floor to ceiling windows that have exceptional views of the city & skyline. For meetings, trainings and social events the hotel offers an extensive range of multi-functional meeting and event spaces.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.