Job description / Role
• Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities.
• At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
• Reports any equipment malfunctions to supervisors.
• Accommodates guest requests for special food items as available through supervisor.
• Check weekly roster for following weeks schedule.
• Assists in the preparation of all food items in accordance with standards of quality, quantity control, and presentation as established by the Executive Chef.
• Prevents the spoiling and contamination of food by practicing proper sanitation and complying with Hotel policy and health regulations.
• Attends Culinary meetings.
• Ensures proper pick-up of requisition items and checks adherence to quality standards.
• Helps department in minimizing wastage and losses and achieving food cost targets.
• Ensures station is clean at all times.
• Creates and maintains a sound working relationship with all preparation personnel.
• Complies with departmental policies as well as forth in the Employee Handbook.
• Reports with proper tools, clean uniform, and recommended footwear at the stated time.
• Reports to Sous Chef/ Chef de Partie prior to leaving station for break of at the end of the shift.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
About the Company
A joint venture between Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels & Resorts, RIU Dubai located at Deira Islands, is the emirate's first four-star, 24-hour all-inclusive beachfront resort.