Job description / Role
Unilever's purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace. We are active in 190 countries. Nearly 1/3 of the world's population uses our products every day. We were founded in 1929 and make some of the world's best-known brands such as Magnum, Dove, Lifebuoy and Lipton.
We are also the leading employer of choice in the FMCG sector in 50+ countries and occupy the number 1 position in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
The role will lead the Communications function for our NAME region. Unilever NAME (North Africa & Middle East) is a 20 country MCO, stretching from UAE (Headquarter) in the east to Morocco in the west. Unilever in the region is one of the biggest fast moving consumer goods companies with a total of 10 factories, and strong positions in tea (Lipton and Brook bond) and personal care (Dove, Lux, Sunsilk, Clear, Comfort, Signal, Close up, Lifebuoy, Rexona, Axe, Omo, Cif) and in foods Knorr. â€‹
Build trust and unlock growth by distinguishing Unilever NAME as the Leader in sustainable business. As a member of the Communications & Corporate Affairs community, you will play a key role to:
- Strengthen trust in our brands, our company and our people, shaping our reputation as a purpose-led, future-fit business.
- Build employee engagement and advocacy for Unilever NAME as a purpose-led, future-fit business
- Deliver growth and savings through policy outcomes, strategic issues management and supporting our brands with purpose.
You will bring Unilever NAME capabilities to the next level by:
- You will create and deliver the NAME Communications & Corporate Affairs strategy aligned to the three objectives as described above.
- You will design and support an external leadership program for the GM/EVP to help land the message of a purpose-led and future-fit operation in line with the NAME consumer's present-day needs.
- This will include-but is not limited to-speaking opportunities, high level engagements with new power activists, and digital content production.
- You will actively search for and proactively curate story-angles on how the company is purpose-led and future-fit, through engaging content that can be shared through owned (Unilever's own channels), earned (media, free publicity), shared (social channels) and potentially bought (advertising partnership) media.
- You will drive this change agenda within the team and the organization and capture the current ad-hoc activities in a coherent, strategic and forward-looking plan to support the leadership teams, brand managers and functions in a disciplined manner.
- You will actively drive focus to integrated 360 campaigns focused on engaging (digital) content that reaches our internal and external audiences on the channels they use the most.
- You will act as a spokesperson on behalf of the company together with the relevant subject matter experts and members of the management team.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic and embrace new forms of storytelling as a digital native.
- You will work with the global sustainable business & partnership team.
- Amplifying best practices, accelerating campaigns and helping to localize global assets in areas such as global plastic commitments or purpose-driven brands.
- working with global subject matter experts to help localize global campaigns and create relevance in NAME
- Able to advise the global team in a convincing way on local trends, issues and sensitivities that need to be considered when implementing successful programs locally.
- Effective influencing skills, resulting in effective management of senior stakeholders
- Lead by example on new media and integrated campaigning
- Planning and strategic thinking combined with excellent execution
- Outstanding written skills and experience in making complicated information straightforward and engaging for a wide range of audiences
- Good business acumen and understand the dynamics of building and managing reputation
- Team player. Keeps a balance between personal accountability and delivery through teamwork
- Excellent Bias for Action, shows accountability and responsibility and has a 'can do' attitude
- Cultural sensitivity and resilience
- Digital native, purpose driven, team player, humble, powered by societal impact. Good network among the activists, NGOs, influencers in the new power & digital eco-system.
- Strategic thinker, able to understand the opportunities of future business models and willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Resilience and grit to help drive the change.
Team & Reporting lines:
- You will be leading the Communications team in NAME which currently consists of two managers and 1 assistant manager.
- You will have a functional reporting line through the global markets team and a country reporting line.
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Vice President - Marketing
Irwin & Dow
Communications Manager - META
Head of Marketing and Business Development
RTC-1 Employment Services