Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here
The PR Executive is an entry-level position that will support the communications department. This person should have a strong interest and good knowledge of regional media and public relations. Additionally, he/she should have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Attention to detail and being calm under pressure are critical. The ideal candidate should have 1 to 2 years of experience or have a major in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field. Previous internship or job experience is strongly preferred.
- Assisting the comms managers and liaising everyday with different internal teams (business development, government relations, social media), comms teams across cities and external media
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues and the media;
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs, for trending topics on Careem and ride-hailing as well as news opportunities
- Working as part the comms team to implement the PR activities such as media interviews, media briefing sheets, press conferences, media roundtables, media events etc.
- Preparing monthly media coverage reports
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- Content generation through researching and writing relevant articles and features
- Attending and promoting client events to the media;
- Coordinating studio or location photography;
- Crisis management
- Generating and managing media distribution lists
- Identifying, briefing and managing influencers to complement communications plans" and "billing- managing the procurement process for third party suppliers
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills are essential for this highly collaborative position
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects at one time and proven ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a positive manner with colleagues across business units
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.