Job description / Role
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
SAP Legal Compliance and Integrity Office is committed to managing the risks faced by senior management and SAP as regards the breach of anti-bribery and corruption legislation.
The investigations team within SAP LCIO is responsible for anti-corruption/bribery/fraud investigations in the company group and work together with Field Compliance Officers to ensure SAP operates a state of the art compliance management system.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
- Apply the methodology of anti-corruption and risk management framework to help company identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider compliance related risks associated with the business, and to address them more effectively
- Conduct objective, fair, thorough, unbiased and timely investigations into allegations of fraud, bribery and corruption
- Prepare and coordinate with field business segments to obtain relevant evidence and information
- Review and research evidence/documents to analyze the overall fact pattern of transactions and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations
- Conduct interviews with the business with understanding of their business control environment and end-to-end control activities
- Manage and prioritize a large and varied case load effectively and efficiently to achieve positive results
- Identify control weaknesses in various process that could result into financial/ accounting frauds and provide recommendations to management to design and implement anti-fraud and corruption internal control effectively, mitigate compliance risks and improve business integrity
- Enhance the value and effectiveness of the company's compliance system and internal controls function, focusing on anti-fraud and corruption activities
Experience & Language Requirements
- 3~5+ years of professional experience providing forensic services in a reputable law firm or auditing and internal controls services in an international accounting firm or multinational corporation, including 1~2 years focusing on anti-corruption investigation and fraud detection field.
- Extensive knowledge and a proven record of success in managing aspects of the anti-corruption and bribery investigation, fraud detection process, internal control evaluation and testing methodologies
- Excellent skills of using technology to utilize data analytical tools in performing data analytics / data recovery
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of compliance and risk review procedures, business processes and internal controls
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good organizational skills needed to manage a high volume of assigned cases
- Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Display good interviewing and interrogation skills along with the capability of drafting reports
- Critical analytical thinking/problem solving skills, and apply principals of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Effective project management, interpersonal and influencing skills are essential
- Accounting knowledge (IFRS/ US-GAAP/local GAAP) a plus
- General knowledge of the COSO and / or COBIT models a plus
- General knowledge of the SOX a plus
- Bilingual - Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English.
- Prefer Auditing background with Bachelor's degree (or higher) in accounting or law. Business related degrees such as: Legal, Finance or Commerce Management, Econometrics, are also considered
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.