Job description / Role
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, execution focused and passionate about e-payments?
PayFort is a leading Payment Service Provider in MENA region with operations spanning across 8 countries and technically integrated with 14 acquirers and 18 issuers, offers online payment services to more than 3000 merchants. PayFort team is trying to build a robust execution and management process for driving the best payment experience on & off Amazon. While we are working towards launching innovative ways to pay and with the most friction less manner, we understand Payments to customers & Sellers is a key enabler in building Trust. We are looking for an enthusiastic business focused compliance generalist.
• Work with legal teams to understand applicable regulations associated with new payment products or services
• Collaborate with internal fraud, abuse, information security teams to identify & mitigate risk
• Work with product management and engineering teams to prioritize scalable technology solutions to enable business innovation and growth
• Create clear compliance requirements for tech and product teams to translate into engineering requirements
• Act as single-threaded owner of ensuring compliance requirements are implemented by establishing project plans, defining owners and milestones, reporting status to senior management and driving towards launch approval
• Proactively identify pain points and opportunities for continual process simplification and improvement to create program efficiencies
• Raise the customer experience bar by optimizing risk-based controls and removing unnecessary friction
• Use autonomy, high judgment and subject matter expertise to quickly assess and offer risk-based solutions to difficult business challenges
• Perform competitive benchmarking to ensure Amazon compliance programs exceed industry standards
• Define key program output measures and drive goals to improve these measures over time
• Maintain business control inventories and work with compliance and risk teams across the wider organization to ensure appropriate monitoring and testing
• Promote a culture of compliance, proactively engaging with payments business teams to understand business objectives and influence product design
• Leverage industry awareness and risk management expertise to optimize the design of AML, SAM, KYC, Card scheme & trade compliance solutions to both meet our customer experience bar and effectively address compliance risks.
• Leverage industry awareness, risk management expertise, and understanding of supported products and services to design & optimize monitoring solutions
• Monitor existing metrics, analyze data, and partner with other internal teams (e.g., engineering, finance, Business Operations, technical operations, Business Intelligence, Product management, Partnership, legal & public policy) to identify process and system improvement opportunities.
• Maintain comprehensive, high quality & up-to-date program & policy documentation that clearly outlines program standards, controls & policies.
• Create & lead the compliance taskforce by setting individual and team goals to be contributory to department and organizational goals.
• Design and execute testing mechanisms to evaluate the efficacy of transaction monitoring models.
• Promote a culture of compliance, proactively engaging with payments business teams to understand business objectives and tailor appropriate monitoring controls.
• Communicate product and program level risk to leadership, business and technical teams, and external parties (e.g. external audit teams).
• Serve as a compliance risk advisor and organizational program owner, partnering with legal, technical, and business teams to measure and to mitigate AML and sanctions risk through appropriate control implementation, testing, and (where necessary) remediation.
• Lead teams charged with AML compliance operations and program maintenance, specifically for management of escalations arising from sanctions, transaction monitoring, and onboarding operations and associated internal and external reporting.
• Design & operationalize Know-Your-Customer frame work, processes & policies as well as monitoring & audit control reviews.
• Govern merchant trade compliance program by working with legal & business development teams to ensure organizational & merchant trade compliance
• Work with external regulators such as government, card schemes, local payment methods to understand organizational obligations and devise effective controls to ensure compliance to applicable policies & regulations
• Periodically conduct internal audits & reviews on controls & processes to identify gaps & strengthen controls.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5+ yrs experience in Fintech, payments, e-commerce or banking focused on regulatory compliance, fraud risk management, operational risk management, information security, SAM, KYC, AML, sanctions, denied party screening, card scheme & local payment method or other related fields
• Direct experience with P2P, credit, prepaid, lending, e-commerce or payment gateway risk management
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
• Proven capability to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision
• Masters or Graduate degree
• Certification in compliance related area, such as ACAMS, CIPP, CRP or CRCM preferred
• Experience in MENA region
• Arabic proficiency
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Manager AML Transaction Monitoring - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jul|