Job description / Role
The Manager Compliance will be responsible to support the development, maintenance and implementation of the core Ethics and Compliance programme at the Group elements including (framework, policies, systems, plans and people ).
The manager will also monitor and evaluate the ethics and compliance environment needs and maturity of the Group and its subsidiaries and provide guidance on implementing the Compliance Programme to ensure the group compliance with respective obligations.
The Manager will also be responsible to act as a subject matter expert on diverse ethics and compliance subjects, including antifraud, antibribery and corruption, and forensic auditing and investigations.
Responsible to promote, instill, and embed group's culture and behaviors, and ensure integrity is the leading behavioral driver and tool for compliance. This is to be achieved through leading by example and delivering regular presentations and training to the entire Group.
Managerial Strategic Planning
• Assist in preparing sectional objectives and plan in line with division/department’s strategic objectives and operational plan and in line with the Group’s strategic performance management framework and scorecard
• Assist in developing sectional budget and monitor budget spend Corporate Performance Management
• Engage with the department head to identify opportunities to improve section’s performance
• Support the development of an effective and comprehensive Code of Business Conduct for the Group and ensure compliance processes become integrated across all companies.
• Support the development, implement and maintain key compliance policies & procedures (including those relating to conflicts of interest, business ethics, bribery & corruption)
• Enforce standards of conduct & ethical relationships between the company, its customers, contractors, suppliers, employees.
• Develop and manage a training and communication programme designed to ensure an adequate understanding and awareness of the compliance policies. This includes, but is not limited to, Code of Business Conduct, conflicts of interest, and antibribery & corruption training to increase awareness and enhance the compliance culture.
• Responsible to develop compliance review plans with different group business and conduct periodic compliance reviews/ checks to ensure internal controls and impeded and monitored.
• Participate/ lead investigation in all potential noncompliant behaviours and acts with the Group and recommend the necessary actions to implemented.
• Support development and identification of fraud risk assessment plans and actions and provide guidance to the business in their efforts to reduce antibribery & corruption and third-party supplier corruption risk.
• Advise the business on effective control improvements and processes where gaps exist
• Support and give employee’s advice when they are faced with ethical dilemmas
• Manage and respond to ethics and compliance concerns and keep a log of all concerns and queries.
• Ensure employees worldwide view ethics line as an effective tool for reporting potential compliance violations or seeking guidance
• Follow up and assure execution of the agreed actions plans towards compliance and business improvements.
• Support the development of metrics for use in measuring the effectiveness of the ethics and compliance programme through KPI’s, and benchmark the programme against other organizations
• Support the group’s subsidiaries by attending meetings and driving the committee agenda to ensure that appropriate ethical standards within these companies are properly embedded.
• Ensure adherence and execution of the department’s policies and procedures as defined by the department head
• Ensure compliance of the section to the guidelines defined by division/department’s, such as, HR, legal, risk and quality assurance in addition to Group’s framework and DoA
• Participate and provide inputs in the periodic audit of the established policies and procedures to ensure compliance
• Prepare periodic reports for the section and provide input into the division/department's periodic reports
• Propose and recommend remedial activities to manage any quality or noncompliance issues that arise during the review of periodic reports
• Own/drive change management activities in the section and ensure all stakeholder communications are as per the approved communication plan
• Identify technologyrelated needs of the section in order to drive automation and cost optimization
• Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve leadership and technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work and in line with Group’s values
• Participate in performance appraisals and reflect on the feedback and recommendations provided by the line manager for development
QUALIFICATION / EDUCATION
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Must have a postgraduate degree and/or professional qualification
• Must have at least 7 Years years’ relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Detailed knowledge of compliance programmes including antibribery and corruption and fraud prevention and detection techniques.
• Good knowledge of aviation compliance programme and main regulator legislations
• Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English skills
• Good knowledge of powerpoint, excel, word and related systems
• Must be prepared to have physical attendance in the office
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.
SFM Corporate Services
Client Onboarding, KYC and Compliance Lead