Job description / Role
The Compliance Manager will support the Regional Director Risk & Compliance and Managing Director UAE to carry out the necessary customer due diligence ('CDD') tasks as per local legislative requirements and regulatory requirements to ensure that the company is adequately complying with all of its obligations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Applying the group and local compliance & risk standards in a consistent and aligned manner.
* Providing timely and high-quality compliance and risk advice to the business and functions and ensuring business needs are being met.
* Ensuring the compliance & risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and strategic objectives
* Working in close co-operation with the CRO and functional Global Heads GRC to roll out the regional Risk framework and Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) and ensuring appropriate reporting.
* Highlighting relevant (compliance) risk signals for the UAE.
* Being the point of contact for and having a transparent relationship and mutual understanding with the relevant regulators and monitoring authorities.
* Maintaining/ developing/ enhancing communication with other (advisory) units in particular Control, IT Security Data Protection, Legal, Human Resources and Internal Audit.
* Steering the acceptance process of new clients and prospects in close cooperation with the business functions.
* Communicate with the Business regarding outstanding CDD for client entities and all relevant related parties as well as ensure that current and accurate contact details are maintained in the database.
* Monitor and follow up with the Business on a regular basis where CDD is outstanding for a period of up to 3 months and report figures to the Managing Director as well as the Regional Director Risk Compliance.
* Update database with any new client details which are made available.
* Ensure that Risk Engine scrubs are conducted on a regular basis in line with the policy reporting any adverse information to the Regional Director Risk & Compliance and Managing Director in a timely manner.
* Ensure that the office complies with the assigned file review budget and conduct testing on 20% of the file reviews completed.
* Prepare monthly management information for the Managing Director.
* Assist the Regional Director Risk & Compliance and Managing Director with any new or ad hoc projects whenever necessary.
* Act as an authorised point of contact for the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) and the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA).
* To act as and be appointed as the Compliance Officer, MLRO and Data Protection Officer with the local authorities (DIFC and ADGM).
Required skills, knowledge and experience
* Strong ethics, attention to detail, collaboration, independency, and autonomy
* University degree with a minimum of three to five years compliance related experience and/or AML/CTF specific training
* Solid understanding of the UAE regulatory environment (DSFA and FSRA)
* Experience as registered CO/MLRO
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook and experience with Viewpoint and Laserfiche is highly desirable.
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
SFM Corporate Services
Client Onboarding, KYC and Compliance Lead
Head of Compliance - FinTech
|Ras Al Khaimah||11 Apr|