Job description / Role
Are You Ready to take your career to the next level?
Be part of the pioneering team, the future’s leading mobile wallet services provider for individuals, commercial and government entities.
we are looking for a Compliance Manager/MLRO to join our team, responsible for:
• Be the Subject Matter Expert regarding current and latest relevant legislation and regulations affecting the organization, providing regular advisory to the organization’s senior management team and the board of directors of changes in the legal and regulatory environment that the organization operates in and steps to be taken by the organization to ensure compliance with the changes.
• Design, produce, implement, review, and update the organization’s SCP including compliance matrices, frameworks (such as the 3 Lines of Defence framework), policies and procedures to ensure the business is complying with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and notices as they relate to matters of compliance including AML/CFT requirements.
• Take the lead in shaping a compliance culture, collaborate with senior management to implement culture of compliance and ensure all staff behavior in line with the expectations of regulators.
• Provide support and training across the organization on a regular basis as well as on an ad-hoc basis as required, to ensure that all employees are kept aware and trained on their roles, responsibilities and obligations as related to compliance matters.
• Develop and update the regulatory and statutory reporting program and liaise with departments within the organization and third-party service providers to ensure timely and accurate regulatory reporting.
• Act as the primary point of contact with regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies for their requests and investigations. Liaise with regulators and external bodies on financial crime issues in order to share knowledge, report cases, develop best practices, and where possible, to improve coordination within the financial sector.
• Establish and drive compliance monitoring activities and control systems to ensure effectiveness and to deal with violations of legal / regulatory rules and internal policies regarding the operations.
• Assess company operations regularly and report back to business functions, the organization’s senior management team and the risk and compliance committee of the board of directors on current compliance performance, highlight or escalate areas of concern (non-compliance issues and compliance risk) and ensure these findings are rectified and recorded.
• Oversight of the Transaction Monitoring System (“TMS”) and the Know Your Customer (“KYC”) systems used by the organization for its business, including the design, review and update of the rules of the TMS and KYC systems to ensure that they operate in a manner consistent with the compliance and risk management objectives, policies and procedures of the organization.
• Review alerts generated by the KYC system (including sanctions screening matches and adverse media screening hits) used by the organization to onboard new customers, make decisions on the alerts and prepare requisite reports on the KYC and onboarding process, all in a timely manner.
• Review alerts generated by the TMS, make decisions on the alerts, prepare blacklists and whitelists of customers, and prepare requisite reports based on the actions taken, all in a timely manner.
• Prepare and submit Suspicious Transaction Reports (“STR”) and Suspicious Activity Reports (“SAR”) for submission to the organization’s senior management team, the risk and compliance committee of the Board of Directors of the organization, the CBUAE, FIU and other regulatory and supervisory bodies (as may be required), including submission via the CBUAE’s GoAML portal.
• Monitor, review and update Customer Risk Rating (“CRR”) scores within the customer’s profiles based on decisions and actions taken by the compliance team in relation to that customer’s activities.
If you see yourself holding below qualifications and experience:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Law or a related field. (A Master’s Degree in law will be an advantage).
• CAMS (ACAMS) or similar certification.
• Sound knowledge of the UAE’s legal and regulatory framework, CBUAE’s regulations, guidelines, and notices and AML/CFT laws and regulations.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a bank, regulated financial institution, mobile wallet, or money exchange company, preferably in the UAE.
• Excellent communication skills and High integrity and professional ethics.
• Strong regulatory and compliance background and capability to apply that knowledge quickly with potentially limited information.
• Recognition that the organization is a startup and accordingly demonstrate passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects.
• Excellent research and exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate concepts into clear steps and communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• 9 Self-motivated, multitasker with capability to work independently and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision.
About the Company
Whizmo is the flagship product of Whizpay Technology LLC, an Abu Dhabi company with operating headquarters at Dubai Silicon Oasis focused on payments.
Whizpay Technology LLC. is a collaboration between Mr. Saeed Bin Khalaf Bin Ahmed Al Otaiba and a team of technology and financial services experts from the UAE and around the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Company In UAE
Associate - Compliance Screening
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
A Leading Tech Company In UAE
Junior Business Analyst