Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known banking institution based in the UAE, is currently looking for a Compliance Manager (Banking sector). For this role, you will be expected to manage the daily activities of the team responsible for identifying suspicious activity in violation of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering Regulations (AML)/ Combating the Financing of Terrorism, and other banking regulations of the UAE. You will implement procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and advises internal departments on how to meet compliance requirements. You lead the investigation of suspicious activity and pursue corrective actions, notify authorities as necessary. Furthermore, you will analyse loss trends and suggest a modification to loss reduction strategy.
Other responsibilities include:
* Periodically conducts audits and reviews to ensure execution of compliance standards.
* Conducts interviews, scrutinise details and asks questions to make sure employees make every effort to stay compliant across a bank's various departments.
* When compliance problems arise, conducts investigations to discover the roots of the issue.
* Stays informed about environmental standards and make sure a bank operates within those standards.
* Writes and distributes documents that educate others on how to improve compliance.
* Fills out and files reports with various compliance agencies.
* Examines and improves auditing processes to prevent compliance issues or resolve them in a timely manner.
* Communicates confidentially with employees and addresses any concerns they have about ethical or other compliance matters within a department or division
* Demonstrates an approachable, professional demeanor.
* Strives not only to meet compliance standards but also to exceed them for peak operating efficiency.
* Consults with attorneys and other professionals on compliance matters.
* Spearheads and helps to design programs that improve compliance in environmental, ethical, and other areas.
* Demonstrates knowledge of ethical employment standards set out by the law and corporate regulations.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
* Bachelor degree in relevant field
* Preferably with any of the following certifications – CFA/ACAM/CAM
* With minimum 5 years of experience in a leading position
* Must have worked with a well known and big banking institution
* Fluency in English is a must and knowledge in Arabic is a plus
* Strong familiarity on AML / CFT framework
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
AML Operation Analyst
|Abu Dhabi||25 Aug|
Assistant Manager AML Transaction Monitoring - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
AML Operation Executive
|Abu Dhabi||11 Mar|