Job description / Role
The Compliance, MLRO position is an all-encompassing role that will cover day-to-day core compliance activities, trade and transaction monitoring, and policy and procedure review. This position is based in ADGM and will require DFSA and/or ADGM compliance experience.
Our Client is a renowned company that provides financial services to high net worth individuals along with corporate and institutional clients. The company mainly focuses on and is an expert in the following areas: Capital Markets, Asset Management, Credit and Investment Banking.
This position will be accountable for the following roles and responsibilities:
* Creating and amending group wide compliance related policies that may be drafted from time to time.
* Responsible for monitoring the sales and trading department to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies.
* Generating reports from the in house software system that enabling the monitoring of client trades and employee trading. Very good knowledge of Capital Markets, Investment Banking regulations and Public markets (e.g. DFM, ADX).
* Focus on covering the trading and brokerage activities (DFM/ADX/ND). Assisting the regional brokerage activities and covering the Investment Management and Market Making related queries.
* Monitoring and enforcing all aspects of the compliance manual and other compliance policies and alerting the Head of Legal and Compliance with any or potential breaches.
* Supporting the group wide anti money laundering effort, monitoring movement of client money, assisting in implementing and conducting staff training sessions, designing routine and ad hoc training programs for all staff.
* Maintaining a regular interaction with the regulators including the SCA, the Central Bank of UAE, DFM and overseeing routine reporting to the regulators. Preparing the files for the regulators' inspections.
* Ensuring the organization and custody of all compliance related documentation.
* Preparing the monthly Compliance Monitoring Program by mapping the activities of the firm against relevant regulations and running the program's ongoing implementation in addition to the ongoing AML Program.
* Administering the firm-wide AML efforts and advising the relevant staff about their roles and responsibilities in ensuring money-laundering risks are mitigated.
* Advising on prospective products initiated by the various departments within the firm from a compliance perspective.
* Providing real time regulatory advice to the relevant business units, both front and back office, as required.
* Responding to regulatory inquiries and coordinating the compilation of necessary information representing the firm during their periodic regulatory risk assessment visits.
* Assessing the impact of new and/or amended regulations issued by the relevant authorities on the company, synthesizing and communicating changes to relevant department heads and personnel.
* Strong regulatory background with ability to advice on corporate and capital market activities.
* Experience in General Compliance across AML/KYC, transaction monitoring, regulatory compliance and trade monitoring compliance required.
* Direct DFSA and/or ADGM compliance experience required.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to advance in their career with this leading firm.
The successful candidate for the role of VP- Compliance is required to meet the following criteria:
* 5-10 years experience in a legal or compliance position.
* Strong AML/KYC experience and credentials.
* Experience in trade monitoring and supervision.
* Drafting and reviewing compliance policies and procedures.
* Experience with regulatory reviews and audits.
* ADGM and/or DFSA related experience required
* At least one accounting or finance related professional qualifications certification.
* Fluency in Arabic is a must.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.