Job description / Role
A challenging opportunity arise from an international insurance group based in Dubai is looking to hire a Compliance Officer. This role will be responsible for Middle East's operation on compliance. Analyse and bring up procedures to ensure regional compliance with all regulatory, financial and core operational system requirements.
* Support implementation of strategies, systems and controls to ensure compliance of local companies
* Procuring relevant licenses in the territories
* Monitor, report and update on ongoing compliance of local business units
* Advise on all manner of regional legal documents including Agency Agreements, Terms of Trade, employment and I.T. contracts, property leases, sale and purchase agreements, deeds etc.
* Liaise with the regional regulatory bodies including the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DIFC) and build professional relationship.
* Liaise and provide update with internal audits
* Act as initial point contact
* Organise training on compliance issues for the organization
* In charge with continued registration and ongoing compliance of the business with relevant Data Protection legislation or recognised best practice.
* Reporting to the Compliance Manager and Group Legal & Compliance Director
Compliance and Security
* Establish and maintain up-to-date personal awareness of all legislative, regulatory and Company-specific rules, policies and procedures
* Ensure consistent compliance with legal, regulatory and Company standards
* Company's Information and Data Security policies
* Take individual accountability for accessing only the systems, records and information required to perform the role.
* Confidentiality of security polices
* Ensure any regulatory requirements related are met
* Bachelor's degree in related area
* Recognized accounting or audit qualification preferred
* At 5 years' experience in a compliance role within the financial services or insurance sector
* Knowledge of GDPR
* The ability to demonstrate requisite experience in managing compliance activities in a corporate environment
* Experience in analyzing business compliance needs and implementing relevant control procedures
* Advanced knowledge and proven ability in the use of MS Office, MS Project and Xapta financial software applications are required.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.