Job description / Role
The role of the Compliance Officer [CO] is to manage and streamline the Compliance Function within the organization and in all the countries that the organization operates in within the Region; implement country-specific Compliance Policies and Procedures in order to achieve full compliance with the Statutory and Regulatory Framework of each country.
• Reporting to the Board of Directors and the CEO directly for any matters related to overall Compliance within the Statutory and Regulatory environment of the Company and the Region;
• Developing, documenting, implementing and reviewing the statutory and regulatory compliance program within the Company and the Region;
• Managing the Compliance Function within the Company and the Region, as the Reporting Manager for all Compliance Officers/MLROs, the Regulatory Compliance Officers, and or the Compliance Executives;
• Assessing, evaluating, and managing all types of Compliance Risks that the Company is exposed to, and similarly the different Companies within the Region, including risks that cannot be directly quantified, e.g. Reputation Risk in accordance with the requirement of ISO31000;
• Taking appropriate measures in order to mitigate any kind of Compliance Risks associated with the execution of the business, and makes sure that the business executed by the Company and the Region are not imposing any kind of risk to the Company or Group in general;
• Convening the Company Risk Management Committee (RMC), and make sure that it properly addresses and manages all the risks that are referred to RMC by any member of the Company;
• Ensuring that the Risk Management Committee (RMC) of the Company is executed correctly, by role and function, and making sure that it properly addresses and manages all the risks that the member of the Company is exposed to;
• Acting as the primary recipient of all the Critical Incident Reports for the Company, and takes any measure to manage these in the most appropriate manner, so as to avoid any risks imposed on the Group in total;
• Providing awareness, effective communications and training to the Company and the Regional Executive Management team on changes to the Statutory and Regulatory Framework and the importance of regulatory compliance;
• Conducting periodic analysis of compliance system information and data and identifying trends and individual critical and significant compliance risks;
• Providing viable compliance solutions to business to support growth and improve employee productivity, both in the Company and the Region.
• Reporting on a quarterly basis to the Board of Directors of the Company about the Compliance Level of the Operations, any activities that can be quantified as imposing risks to the Company, the Region, and the Group in general, and recommends activities and actions in order to mitigate and or protect the Group from these risks;
• Directing and managing the correct maintenance of data and information related to the business operations and customers;
• Design an appropriate AML Compliance and Sanctions Program for the company to remain compliant with all applicable AML/CFT laws, regulations, notices, standards and international best practices at all times, and makes sure all the Compliance Officers within the Region execute the same way.
• Conduct regular gap analysis in compliance function, between what the Legal and Regulatory Framework requires and what the Company has, and propose actions to mitigate any gap; similarly, makes sure all the Compliance Officers in the Region act the same way.
• Act as the single point of contact for the country regulators.
• Provide clear directions on strategic goals to the Compliance Team of the Region, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
• Facilitate the design and implementation of interventions to develop and maintain capability across the regional Compliance Team.
• Identify all critical positions in the regional Compliance function, ensuring structured succession plan exists, and monitor all interventions towards successful succession management.
• Encourage and reward the desired behaviors that result in Organizational outcomes.
• Facilitate specific interventions to identify and retain key talent (Hi-Po) in the Compliance function.
• Deploys people across Run (to ensure all services are up and running), Grow (to manage change and enhancement) and Transform (for future technology).
• Evaluate the investment on people across Run, Grow and Transform, to derive optimal value and ROI.
• A Postgraduate Degree, related to Law, or Financial Services, or Statutory and Compliance Function, or Business Administration and a certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or other equivalent
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience doing similar roles (preferably from financial institutions/other financial groups) and with strong knowledge of Regulatory Compliance and AML/CFT.
• Strong business acumen - entrepreneur
• Attention to detail and quality driven
• Knowledge/ Technical Skills
• CAMS, ICA diploma, ACFCS, CSE or similar
• Excellent knowledge of the Regulatory Compliance Function, including AML/CFT
• Knowledge, interpretation and implementation of statutory and regulatory including requirements of ISO9001 and ISO31000 requirements
About the Company
Re/think is a boutique accounting, regulatory and compliance, VAT advisory, audit, HR consultancy, recruitment and business advisory firm. We specialize in assisting SME clients with cost-effective, high quality services and solutions. We create value by investing in highly qualified and motivated people and working closely with leading industry partners to provide our clients a one stop shop for all of their business support.
This support ranges from our core services to CFO and board level advisory for the sectors and markets we serve. Our ability to add value reaches across business size, as our offering can be adopted to start ups through to large complex firms.
RTC-1 Employment Services
Assistant Manager, AML Investigations
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Compliance & AML Manager
Assistant Manager, Sanctions
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)