Job description / Role
Our client is a leading business set up/company formation specialist and they require a Compliance Officer who will report into the General manager and be tasked to facilitate the fulfilment of all regulatory requirements, coordinate and report the findings of internal compliance audits and facilitating external audits by regulatory agencies.
• Perform risk assessments to understand risk level, significance and scope.
• Keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations.
• Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies.
• Ensure that the findings are recorded and followed up with management so that issues can be rectified.
• Perform KYC.
• Educate employees on not only the regulations, but also the impact on the organisation if these aren't complied with.
• Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues.
• Report back to Direct Manager on current risk and compliance performance.
• Highlight or escalate areas of concern.
• Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation.
• Collaborate with outside professionals, including external auditors.
• Compiling and validating the ES notifications/reports.
• Generating reports.
• Conduct current state assessments and due-diligence engagements on the organisation, critical clients and leveraged clients as per law and regulations
AED 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Certifications in AML/CTF and Compliance CAMS preferred, or CISI UAE Rules & Regulations
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Compliance role at similar level
• Proven work experience in a similar role, especially in company formation and business set up
• Experience in DNFBP
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent auditing skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management.
• Proficiency with computers and in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Must be bilingual in English and Arabic
About the Company
KERSHAW LEONARD "WE CHANGE PEOPLES LIVES"
Who we are:
Founded in September 1999 The Kershaw Leonard Group was based upon professional recruitment practices laid down by the UK Institute of Employment Consultants whose values are still at the core of our success today.
Inherently we believe that recruitment is a people business not a CV processing business and as such we take time and care to make sure we understand the needs of both our Clients and our Candidates.
Such attention to the care side of our business together with the sheer length of time we have been established has given us a unique position. We regularly attract top class candidates who only want to work with Kershaw Leonard as they trust our confidentiality and professionalism. Similarly, more than 75% of the clients we work with come back for more when they have a new position to fill.
What we do:
Kershaw Leonard Group places exceptional talent on a Global scale. Our winning strategy is to partner very closely with a small number of clients so we can really understand their objectives, needs and aspirations in a way that allows us to intuitively know the kind of cultural fit they are looking for when the time comes for them to recruit new talent. Then once that talent is on board and part of the client’s team, to assist wherever is needed to improve performance and leadership skills
The Kershaw Leonard Group is more than just a recruitment agency. In addition to KL Recruitment, KL Consulting offers a vast spectrum of skills from our experienced behavioural psychologist and consultants with almost two decades of HR Director level experience in the region.
SFM Corporate Services
Client Onboarding, KYC and Compliance Lead
Irwin & Dow