Job description / Role
Acting as the incumbent compliance officer / MLRO for SFM regarding UAE activities including transactions with RAK ICC, in particular:
- Draft, modify and implement company policies in relation to UAE AML
- Reviewing and maintaining local due diligence policies and client files.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation, conducts background checks for every new client and review the personal documentation submitted by clients (KYC Documents).
- Performing backup in the absence of the head of the department.
- Reviewing the work of junior compliance officers when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or compliance training.
- Developing and overseeing control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Preparing such reports regarding compliance/AML matters as necessary for the management.
Reporting to the head of the compliance department, driving daily compliance duties (CDD & EDD) and or legal duties in application of the department’s general policies such as:
- Conducting regular and yearly background checks for existing clients when necessary and as required by any jurisdictions.
- Reviewing and validating various client company documents
- Issuing and/or verifying standard contractual agreements between new clients and SFM.
- Participating to Researches, implements and manages each jurisdiction regulations and laws, policies and procedures, and public interest laws and advise, oversee, and train compliance staffs on these compliance procedures.
- Assisting with evaluating the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Revising procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Developing and maintaining of legal documents (declarations, contracts, etc).
- Familiar with RAK ICC procedures, preferably as updated in 2019
- Experience in either Compliance or Legal with demonstrated role in an accountable position
- Capacity to handle the unexpected with little supervision
- Ability to adapt standard material to case particulars
- Command of an additional European language besides English
About the Company
SFM is specialised in company formation and administration. With offices in Geneva, the seychelles, Dubai and Hong Kong, SFM is a world's market leader in corporate services.