Job description / Role
The role requires an experienced professional who will be accountable to run an efficient and effective Compliance function to ensure that the Company complies with all applicable Regulatory Authority laws and regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures.
Task and Responsibilities:
• Oversee day-to-day policies and procedures for the general operation of a Compliance Program developed with the General Manager of the General Internal Audit (GIA) and the Head of Compliance.
• Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise with the Head of Compliance and GIA General Manager such policies and procedures to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
• Develop and review Standards of Conduct with the Head of Compliance and GIA General Manager to provide guidance to management and employees.
• Collaborate with other departments to a) direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution, and b) effective compliance training program.
• Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
• Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
• Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; take part in the development and implementation corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
• Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested by the Head of Compliance or the GIA General Manager from time to time, on the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
• Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and relate activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
• Oversee AML & TF Compliance within the group.
Licensing and Registration:
• To manage and maintain the licensing requirements, including but not limited to: commercial licenses, brokerage licenses, lease agreements, insurance policies, and other authority-specific certificates, of companies under the Group.
• Upon request from the Chief Executive Officer and as may be communicated by in-house Legal Counsel/Manager/Advisor, to initiate the formation and structural reorganization of new and existing companies within the Group
• Bachelor’s degree in Law or Finance
• Strong knowledge of industry processes and regulations
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as Compliance Officer, or similar position in Automotive or Insurance Industry, preferably in UAE
• Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements
• Must have background in Audit, Compliance and Legal
About the Company
GAPCORP is a group of companies with global presence.
We are a distinguished ‘Third Party Administrator’ for the automotive industry, specializing in the administration of extended warranty, motor insurance and value added products, such as roadside assistance, track and trace as well as automotive accessories. We also offer the administration of extended warranty to Brown and White goods and electric products such as mobile phones, and TVs.
GAPCORP specializes in the services of Finance & Insurance platform for automotive dealers and access to reinsurance and insurance broking in multiple markets through our affiliates and subsidiary companies.
To ensure our global success, we have enhanced our products & services by deploying our very own direct marketing through our specialized call center and insurance broker services.
GAPCORP group has operating subsidiaries in the Middle East and North Africa, South East Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Our geographical spread gives us the advantage and exposure to diverse markets and newly emerging opportunities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies