Job description / Role
Our client is a leading local bank based in the Abu Dhabi, looking to hire a Compliance Systems Specialist to join their team. On this role, you will provide subject matter expertise into Financial Crimes Compliance systems development, and implementation.
* Responsible for ensuring that Financial Crimes compliance systems owned by the business are operating in accordance with approved parameters and continue to be fit for purpose.
* Assess, recommend, drive and implement architecture, business requirements, testing and validation of financial crimes compliance systems.
* Focal point and liaison with businesses, IT and vendors to lead, drive, implement all financial crimes compliance systems related issues .
* Assess, recommend, lead and drive implementation of enhancements for AML , Sanctions and On boarding systems, including reviewing, identifying and addressing system/process/control gaps.
* Understand, assess, recommend, ensure documented process relating to transaction monitoring, sanctions and payment screening, name screening, maintaining updated policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry best practices.
* Keep abreast of Regtech/Fintech regulatory initiatives and requirements and ensure that digital solutions, products and projects are compliant/provide expert advice to ensure these are compliant with regulations. Provide forward looking expert input into the evolving
* Regtech/Fintech regulatory environment and industry solutions to advise digital initiatives.
* Conceptualise and develop solutions to embed compliance controls in initiatives related to Digital Transformation.
* Act as the focal liaison point with IT and/or system vendor(s), lead and drive FCC related Systems Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
* Conduct relevant systems related for Compliance users.
Specialist Skills / Technical Knowledge Required for this role:
* Experience with compliance systems particularly in relation to financial crimes compliance including AML transaction monitoring, name screening, sanctions filtering, customer onboarding, risk assessments.
* Experience with data feeds, flows, mapping, quality control and connectivities between static data, transaction, reporting, core banking etc systems and financial crimes compliance systems.
* Experience with systems vendor management and internal IT and business stakeholder management and business requirements document development for requisite financial crimes compliance systems.
* Professional qualifications or industry recognized certifications qualifications in computer science and IT.
* Excellent Communication Skills.
* Good knowledge of the UAE/International Regulations/Rules.
* Good knowledge of banking products and systems.
* Project management experience with compliance/regulatory projects.
* Familiarity and experience with Fintech / Regtech initiatives and implementations.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Manager AML Transaction Monitoring - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
SFM Corporate Services
Credit Risk Manager / Analyst
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
Senior Deputy Manager / Manager - Legal & Compliance
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Abu Dhabi||28 Dec|