Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar& Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joiede Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Partof the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, SofitelDubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist -Concierge Agent and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
- To provide accurate information concerning hotel facilities, venues and functions and to handle all guest inquiries.
KEYROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist guests with all inquiries, both hotel and non-hotel related
- Conduct and attend effective shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Maintain good relationship with Airport Concierge
- Maintain good relationship with retailers and other service providers within the vicinity and ensure that information on their promotions are up to date
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the activities of the day and of key occurrences in your city/location including directions to key points of interests, restaurants, theatres, shopping, cinemas, sporting and recreational facilities, banks, consulates, transport systems and special events
- Maintain adequate supplies of forms and brochures and ensure they are presented in line with the hotel's operating standards
- Consult Log Book for information/requests left by outgoing shift
- Manage incoming guest mail, messages, facsimiles and special deliveries
- Manage all transportation requests
- Manage outgoing guest mail, courier services and parcel postage as requested by guests
- Maintain order and security of guest keys and other selected keys kept in Front Office, ensuring key issue policy is followed
- Receive telephone calls and take messages for guests who are out
- Conducts all of the above in accordance with the hotel's policy, while adhering to Sofitel Behavioural Standards
- Good English language verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Secondary/High School education
- Minimum two years' experience as a Concierge or in a related position
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts