Job description / Role
MAIN KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
To welcome the guests and provide the baggage service upon arrival and departure of the guests in a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that is consistent with the Accor Group Standard Policies & Procedures in order to maximize guest satisfaction and ensure smooth operation of the department.
- To provide courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To welcome guests and assist them with their baggage, packages, briefcases, etc. upon arrival or departure.
- To provide any information for the guests and visitors
- To ensure the transfer of all baggage to guestrooms without delay
- To ensure maintenance of the lobby area and its external areas, to clear ashtrays when needed and remove litter and newspaper.
- To carry run errands on behalf of the guests at the request of the GRO or the Front Office department.
- Help to provide morning call back up service.
- To be conversant and fully knowledgeable of OPERA system as per the scope of work
- To ensure that the guest has a comfortable stay at the hotel
- To maintain proper procedures for baggage storage and ensure that guest baggage are stored securely following the hotels' policies and procedures.
- To ensure security of guests' property during transfers and/or storage in the baggage area
- To keep the luggage room clean and in order at all times. Ensure luggage rooms are kept locked when not in use
- To work closely with his colleagues to provide the maximum friendly, courteous and efficient personal services possible
- To distribute and deliver newspaper to guest rooms, and other areas of the hotel as and when necessary.
- To ensure that all documentations in the lobby are clean, updated and refill
- To adhere to the telephone procedure of handling calls in the Bell Service and apply it to daily operation
- To coordinate closely with GRO, ANM/DM and FOM on VIP's, guest arrivals, special request, etc
- To assist the guests with their transportation requests & taxis.
- To ensure that events are accurately put up and initiate necessary actions
- To ensure that all luggage trolleys are well maintained and in good working order.
- To attend to all guests who approach the Bell Desk with a smile.
- To be fully conversant with all services, activities, facilities and F&B Promotions offered by the hotel and recommend them to the guests.
- To ensure proper hand over of the pending points for the next shift for proper follow up and action.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all Rooms related services and products and the ability to up-sell alternatives.
- To be able to explain and show the guests all the facilities in the room.
- To be well conversant of the local environment of the hotel: the city, culture, activities, exhibitions, shopping malls, and general information around the hotel.
- To ensure immediate delivery of any messages, documents, packages, mails, and faxes received for the guest and other departments whenever necessary in accordance with established hotel standard and procedures
- To ensure updated list of arrival / departures is always available on hand
- To be always available and on-duty during peak periods
Level of Education
Areas of study
1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Desired candidate should have a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in similar role.
- Must be computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Should possess a strong character with a harmonious attitude to lead a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence.
- Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and Accor values with guests and associates.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.