Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
Responsible for activities of Concierge operation, continually striving to deliver the highest quality of service to guests, whilst adhering to all legal rules, regulations, and guidelines of the hotel.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and directs Concierge activities.
- Provides information pertaining to all hotel services, local places of interests, restaurants, doctors, sightseeing tours and any other information likely to be of the interest to guests
- Recommends first and foremost the hotel's own Food and Beverage outlets before outside restaurants, with full knowledge of the outlets (e.g. cuisine, operating times, etc.)
- Ensures the lobby is always kept in an orderly fashion and that ashtrays are kept clean
- Coordinates the paging of guests in the lobby and Food & Beverage outlets
- Maintains the hotel information directory (function board) and ensures that the information is current and accurate at all times
- Prepares efficient work and vacation schedule for Concierge tam, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and large group movements
- Ensures that all Concierge team are neat, clean and punctual at all times and that they perform the task assigned to them promptly and efficiently
- Handle problems associated with guests and liaise with department heads or executive management in the absence of the Chef Concierge.
- Prints the shift report and prepares guest arrival and departure.
- Follow-up from trace report
- Conducts briefing and briefs next shift on outstanding matter requiring further action.
- Co-ordinates meal breaks.
- Keeps work areas neat at all times.
- Maintains storage room in good control.
- Supervises room change and transfer of luggage from one room to another.
Human Resources and Training
- Prepares and administers detailed induction program for new staff
- Maintains a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and implements them through thorough on-the-job training
- Ensures training needs analysis of departmental staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet those needs
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Adheres to OH&S policies and procedures and ensures direct reports do the same
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Good English language verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Solid interpersonal skills; able to ascertain and effectively address guest/employee needs
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with constant interruptions with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work
- Ability to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections where needed
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum three years' experience as a Concierge or in a related position
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.