Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Your vision and leadership as Conference Concierge – Catering, Conference Services &/or Events will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations – and service that exceed the expectations of every client.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 10 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director – Catering, Conference Services &/or Events, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Act as a personal service ambassador /liaison, on behalf of Conference Services, between the Meeting Planner and the various hotel operating departments.
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
• Build rapport with the Meeting Planner in order to identify their needs and expectations, maintain a constant presence on the meeting floor, and anticipate/respond to any requests.
• Ensure a smooth and seamless meeting planner/guest experience, by communicating with all departments within the hotel.
• Review all appropriate documents (Group Resume, BEOs, etc) to familiarize with the event/conference details, in advance of meeting with customer on the floor.
• Check in with Meeting Planner prior to start of function to ensure everything is initially set up to customer’s satisfaction.
• Check in multiple times throughout the day to assist with changes/updates.
• Assist with any updates/changes quickly and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction with action taken.
• Be actively visible on the floor, and always accessible to the customer via phone/Nextel/radio.
• Use daily checklist to ensure accuracy of all events, and adherence to Fairmont standards and BEO details. Every function room in use should be checked in advance of client arrival.
• Partner with Banquet operations at beginning of shift, throughout shift, and at end of shift; to ensure consistent information sharing.
• Update Conference Services Managers throughout day on group status, any actions taken, and any necessary follow up needed.
• Attend pre-conference/event meetings with clients and summarize job responsibilities, contact information, and course of action in absence of Conference Concierge.
• Ensure guest/group experience while onsite, through personal interaction and attendance at functions throughout the stay. Must be flexible to accommodate irregular and/or extended hours.
• Conduct any/all site inspections as required. Able to handle ‘walk-in’ inquiries.
• Attend necessary meetings within hotel that effect/are effected by the Catering, Conference Services &/or Events department.
• Manage function room keys for Meeting Planner. Ensure function rooms are properly keyed and manage inventory of keys with Meeting Planner.
• Inspect VIP rooms, guest rooms, and/or hospitality suites.
• Additional responsibilities, as outlined by Director or Assistant Director.
• Previous leadership experience within luxury market, in similar role, required.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required (Micros Opera S&C, and Meeting Matrix preferred).
• University/College degree in a related discipline preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
• Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, and superior problem solving abilities.
• Highly responsible, reliable and ethical. A reputation for honesty and integrity.
• Highly motivated self-starter, able to work in fast moving environment.
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
• Ability to work days, nights and weekend; when necessary.
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.