Job description / Role
Our client, a well known government entity, is urgently looking for an Construction and Corporate Lawyer to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Manage relationships with external counsel, legal consultants and stakeholders;
• Manage, and communicate daily with the Head of Legal on matters related to the legal aspects of the day-to-day operations;
• Ensure that the business and the conduct of staff comply with the policies, practices and procedures;
• Gain the trust and respect of key stakeholders;
• Provide corporate governance and legal compliance advice and secretarial services to the Head of Legal and develop and support the implementation of good corporate governance policies, procedures and bylaws;
• Monitor and advise on existing, new and amended legislation that affects or will or may affect the institution;
• Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with all staff acting at all times in a collegiate and inclusive manner and disseminate legal knowledge and communications;
• Identify and apply legal best practice and create and continually improve internal systems with a focus on its future needs and any actual or proposed change in legislation;
• Highlight to the Head of Legal and mitigate actual and potential risk exposure to the institution Carry out all forms of legal due diligence relating to all of the business, corporate, commercial, construction and project activities of the institution;
• Carry out any other legal and administrative tasks as requested by the Head of Legal;
• Prepare and present legal training material for internal consumption within the team and know-how development.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Must have a law degree from a recognized university, Postgraduate Degree, (Master of laws or higher) or post graduate qualification in one aspect of UAE commercial law preferred
• Preferred either UK/US/Australian/New Zealand qualified lawyer
• Must have UAE experience of at least 1 year
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of corporate commercial experience gained in large law firm and in-house with major firm and experience in construction law is a plus
• Excellent command of English; fluency in Arabic language is a plus
• Knowledge of conducting business, legal framework and all other relevant Federal and local laws of the UAE
• Knowledge of governance principles within the governmental environment of Abu Dhabi Emirate
• Knowledge of legal aspect of international practices related to culture, heritage and art
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.