Job description / Role
KOA Real Estate Development is looking for an experienced Construction Manager to lead and manage the site team and ensure that all parties involved have a clear understanding of the contract and the applicable obligations.
• Liaise with Consultant, Client, Main contractor at site to understand their needs and implement as per contract
• Report to management all critical issues affecting progress of works
• Ensure all works are carried out as per specifications
• Conduct daily meetings with Site Engineers, QA/QC Engrs, HSE Engrs, Supervisors, Foreman etc at site to plan the next days works and understand challenges
• Address potential delays well in advance to Management for intervention to avoid delays
• Liaise with external agencies viz., suppliers, subcontractors and service providers to ensure they are available at site as soon as the work fronts are open for them
• Manage all available resources to extract maximum progress at site
• Monitor allocated resources and ensure idling of resources is eliminated
• Monitor and tract progress on all planned activities based on Baseline schedule and report delays
• Avoid all out of contract works and ensure variations are approved before execution
• Monitor cost of supervision, manpower, resources, logistics etc to ensure all unwanted expenditures are eliminated to maximize profitability
• Ensure compliance to quality and safety of works through effective monitoring of the concerned engineers
• Maintain cordial relations with Clients, Owners and Main contractors to extract necessary co-operation for the benefit of works and the organization
• Raise concerns to head office and senior management where intervention is essential to highlight critical issues to clients and initiate contractual communication
• Monitor productivity of workers and replace unproductive work force in consultation with management
• Monitor works with reference to Master program and ensure recovery of delays through corrective measures
• Attend all progress review meeting with clients and with senior management to update on all issues and report progress
• Maintain record of progress and delays caused by other agencies
• Ensure liaison with other subcontractors to avoid hold of works
• Ensure interfaces and coordination between Civil works, Builder’s works and MEP services
• Ensure availability of services coordination drawings based on the DEWA approved drawings, RFC drawings, shop drawings
• 10-12 years construction management /Civil Engineering degree or equivalent professional training and experience.
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities is vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a business-oriented professional.
About the Company
A unique real estate concept by Mohammed Zaal, KOA will redefine residential living and working in Dubai.
KOA creates communities that reflect the global outlook of the region and a new generation of consumers who demand individual expression. The KOA culture is one of originality and attention to detail balanced with quality and flawless execution. Each development will provide an urban ecosystem that represents innovation, substance and craftsmanship.
KOA aims to revitalize urban developments and lead Dubai's real estate industry into a new era of cultural and urban enrichment that contributes to the soul of a dynamic new Dubai.