Job description / Role
International Civil Engineering Contractor is looking for hire a Western Educated & Trained Construction Manager for a remote role in the UAE .
Reporting directly into the Project Director of a 2.7 Billion AED Hydro Power Plant / Pump Storage Facility in a rural location of the UAE.
• Experience of the following is essential
• Must have led Civil Elements on a large Joint Venture working closely with Electrical & Mechanical Partners on site .
• Experience on a highway, bridge , airport is just not relevant for our client in how they see this PROJECT.
• Responsible for coordinating Civil Works of Turbine shaft / cavern, e.g. Concrete, Structural Steel works with the turbine, Steel-water, power generation and transfer works.
• Large Emphasis and experience needed on planning coordinating , managing risk and logistics .
• Able to lead construction team of 10 Engineers, Superintendents, Supervisors and approximately 250-300 Trades on site for this section of work.
• Communication and leadership skills, exposure to Engineer and Employer in discussions, site walks, meetings, progress and relationship building as this is a long project and client relations are KEY.
• Strong HSE & Quality focus needed due to the iconic nature of the project .
USD 9,000 to 12,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Plus Accommodation , 2 Flights , Medical , Vehicle & Bonus
The following is non negotiable for our client :
• Single Status Posting on site – No option for family
• 6 Day week working cycle – Saturday to Thursday working week – Long Hours due to tight program
• Due to the remote nature of the project this will suit someone seeking a career defining project that is happy to commit to the rural location and all that comes with it.
• Are you a Section Engineer interested in making the move up the ladder or are you motivated by saving significant cash as there is nothing to spend it on due to such a remote location.
• Degree Educated – Western University is critical
• English must be 1st language due to the time spent with Project Director, Client and Consulting Engineer on site
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||27 Jul|
Project Manager Construction - Hotel/Resort
Civil Construction Manager - Pumping Station
Project Manager - Civil Engineer
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)